Hermies in week 7 - How to proceed with life

frozendude

First a little rant. Or skip to next paragraph.
Ahhhhh!!!!! This is my second grow, and my second hermied crop. I used crop king seeds Bubba Kush fem and white cookies fem. In my first grow, I tortured the plants a little too close to the lights which slowly killed the canopy, which I took as the reason for the Bubba Kush Hermie (only 1 plant that I saw, but seeded the room). The weed was so seedy I gave it away. I never actually saw the pollen sacs though, not until after the grow. Anyways I attributed the Hermie to stress, not genetics, so I didn't think my clones would have any issues. Fucking wrong. All 3 of my bubba Kush are loaded with tons of male flowers. I'm seeing them 42f, too late. And it wasn't for lack of attention, I just never noticed the balls growing, I could have at least saved 1 plant.... So frustrating!!!!!!! It's gonna drive me to drink.

So I have 3 Bubba Kush and 1 White cookies at 43f. The 3 Bubba kush, although looking healthy for the most part, hermied, as I'm seeing the male flowers on most of the base of the buds. It's too late, many have opened and I have lots of airflow to spread it around. I'd like opinions on how to proceed.

I'm assuming that the damage is done and all 4 plants are equally pollenated?
Is pulling (killing?) the 3 BK and just growing out the white cookies that is still female for 2-3 weeks to harvest an option (less seedy?)?

Will the plants cease trich development and focus on seed development? In which case, should I aim to flush and chop all 4 asap?

Should I just grow them the full 9 weeks and take what I get? I think I panicked last grow...My brother liked my seedy weed even though I treated the harvest like poop. So maybe this crop could be better... Then again maybe not lol.

Other options?

. . . . . .

Re: Hermies in week 7, how to proceed...with life

If there was a lot of wind and a lot of pollen it's too late to do anything about it. Just wait it out and see what you get. Back in my day they used to claim seeded bud was stronger, as the plant produces more trichomes to protect the developing seeds. I have recently read the opposite though so you never know.

I don't know if you could monster crop a clone off your female plants effected by the pollen but not exactly to harvest yet. I know you can monster too a clone from a 2_3 week clone,but I'm not sure,about older . worth a shot

and possibly not stress the plant during it's veg it will produce a he'll of a lot of tops hopefully not a hermie still

so you believe you stressed the plant . explain to me what exactly you did to make it turn hermies during last two grows .

Originally I believed it was due to stress from having LED lights too close (my first grow I slowly killed the exposed canopy leaves with light tox, I thought it was mag def), but now I believe it to be the genetics of that specific plant. It's very likely that my clones all came from the plant that hermied in the first grow, as all three hermied at the same time in the second grow. I use a combo of lst, topping and supercropping.The only issue I've had lately is my canopy temps spiked to 85-86 one day, otherwise they have been 80-83 lights on and 68-72 lights off. I don't run co2. Plants have been looking healthy. I feed with Iguana juice, calmag, silica, recharge, big bud, biocozyme, watered in between 5.5 and 6.5 the whole grow as needed. Growing in 7gal. nursery pots in a 50/50 mix of promix BX and canna coco amended with earthworm castings.

I have 4 BK outdoors as well although not sure if they are cuts from the same plant, so we'll see how she fares in the sun!

420-magazine-mobile1684282077.jpg

I myself thought I was stressing my plants like that but it only effected my lower older limbs and fan leaves . so I made a new dose upping cal mag and it cleared up . now how close did u have the lights because I kept mine 12 inches for weeks then went to 18 later . it may be your clones bro ...

First grow was from seed, I couldn't figure it out at all. It wasn't until my second grow, when I realized what had happened. First grow was with the Mars hydro reflector 96 in the pic (converted to COBs now). It only effected the top canopy area that was exposed to light. When I started to get the same light bleaching on the canopy the second time around (when I moved the plants from veg tent to bloom room under the LED's), after I had done full calmag feeds, I knew I was barking up the wrong tree. I backed off the lights and all the leaves got healthy again, and since then my plants have been looking amazing.... You know, minus the male flowers and all lol.

But yes, if all three hermied at the same time with minimal stresses, I'm chalking this up to bad genetics. I killed my current BK clones. I have another pack of CKS BK seeds, which I'll probably pop in the fall.

First grow was from seed, I couldn't figure it out at all. It wasn't until my second grow, when I realized what had happened. First grow was with the Mars hydro reflector 96 in the pic (converted to COBs now). It only effected the top canopy area that was exposed to light. When I started to get the same light bleaching on the canopy, after I had done full calmag feeds, I knew I was barking up the wrong tree. I backed off the lights and all the leaves got healthy again, and since then my plants have been looking nice and healthy.... You know, minus the male flowers and all lol.

But yes, if all three hermied at the same time with ly stresses, I'm chalking this up to bad genetics. I killed my current BK clones. I have another pack of CKS BK seeds, which I'll probably pop in the fall.
well I do know that stressing demonized plants to much will rush chances of them turning hermies over a regular seed that was going to be a female

Yeah! I also saw some posts about CKS BK fem seeds prone to hermying when I was looking up info on how to grow it, though I didnt give them much credit.

I need to pay better attention next time too! Lessons learned..

Back
Top Bottom