Hey guys just looking for some insight

StefanWolf

I want to set up a 4x4 grow, with good equipment. I can only afford 2k canadian tops.

Im afraid I won't be able to get everything I need is it possible to set up a grow for this price with good leds?

There is a diy dwc system on YouTube i was interested in building too.

For less than $800 CAD, a Mars TS 3000, for light. Without shopping other CAD prices, I'd think a tent, filter, and fan should be around $400. Personally I'd skip the DWC system if you're new to growing. Get some 5gal/20l fabric pots. Check my Faux-Mix link in my signature for a soil-less mix that's simple and cheap. Grab a bag of Mega Crop (Faux-Tekt link in signature and Cal-Mag optional). Should be close to all in, with seeds, for say $1500 CAD? Yeah, it's more than doable. Produce 600g every 3 months with decent autos and a little experience is also well within reach.

DWC adds other needs beyond the cost of the setup. You'll have to monitor pH, which means pH Up, pH Down, and a pH pen. You can skip all those by going with a buffered soil-less mix.

For less than $800 CAD, a Mars TS 3000, for light. Without shopping other CAD prices, I'd think a tent, filter, and fan should be around $400. Personally I'd skip the DWC system if you're new to growing. Get some 5gal/20l fabric pots. Check my Faux-Mix link in my signature for a soil-less mix that's simple and cheap. Grab a bag of Mega Crop (Faux-Tekt link in signature and Cal-Mag optional). Should be close to all in, with seeds, for say $1500 CAD? Yeah, it's more than doable. Produce 600g every 3 months with decent autos and a little experience is also well within reach.

DWC adds other needs beyond the cost of the setup. You'll have to monitor pH, which means pH Up, pH Down, and a pH pen. You can skip all those by going with a buffered soil-less mix.

What about things like heaters, dehumidifiers, ac, humidifiers

Assuming that you're growing in a tent because you're growing in your house, and it has some sort of heat and AC already, you probably won't need those items if you can vent to outside. A fan with a speed controller can be your friend. Higher speed for higher temps or humidity, lower speed when cooler or less humid. This was actually the first year, of 5, that I added supplemental heat for a winter grow.

I may get away with no ac unit, but the humidity may require some extra care.. i don't really know.

Also how is that medium you use? How is it on watering? Dose it need to be watered frequently?

I may get away with no ac unit, but the humidity may require some extra care.. i don't really know.

Also how is that medium you use? How is it on watering? Dose it need to be watered frequently?
Hey stefanwolf (good name choice btw)!

If you can control the lung room temp and RH that your tent will be in itll go a long ways.
You can easily setup yourself for 2k.
Do you have any equipment already?

Look at temp controllers, i use inkbird...they're cheap, same for humidity.

Want an AC? Grab one off kijijji...doesn't need to be new, just work.

Im torn between two lights one would cost me 750 the other 1100( plus shipping and possible imports too. 450w or 600w the 600w one would be a better light and warranty.

Im trying to budjet everything I need besides the light.

Do i need an intake and out take fan for the tent?

How big of a fan inside the tent?

Also if i use a controller for humdity and temperature, is it OK to have it 1 setting day and night? The day and night controllers get expensive

This is american so..

Inline fan and carbon filter = $125 roughly (im not doing major looking)

Light = say $300+ (went to HLG for a comparison and they are out of almost everything. I really dig my quantum board) Look around for lights. There are so many to choose from, good companies. Be aware that the bigger the light the more heat you will have.

Fan(s) = $30+/-

Medium = $14.99+/- per bag. It is a hard choice because even with advice it may be funky for you. Experimenting (which takes time) is the best to get your own vibe. Go for good stuff and ask questions at the right places, make some new friends.

Pots = Plastic pots are cheap and durable. They will out last each of us. I prefer rigid as opposed to soft pots.

Insulation = If you are growing in a basement you must make sure the plants are not just on the tent bottom on the floor. The cold floor can impact the root growth. I bought some 1in 4x8 foam insulation panels. Cut them up and placed them under my plants in my tents. Does not matter what you do, just keep roots toasty.

Tent = say $120 for 4x4

$575 for tent, inline fan, small fan, and light, $790 Canadian so far. Shit yeah you have plenty of room with 2k. No sweat. Just be chill and do some research. I'm obviously skipping stuff like the humidifier, but those aren't make or break items.
I keep going up and down, rambling and Im not even stoned. Giggity

Back
Top Bottom