Advice for 2 tents one flower, one veg

StefanWolf

I'm in the process of setting up my space, but it dawned on me I could set up one tent with a 3000k led and veg them and just move them to the flower tent with a 4000k once they are ready.

Is this possible? I'm canadian so I want to grow within the 4 plant limit.

I wanted to do 2 plants at a time in each tent to optimize what im working with.

How can I scrog in this situation? Is there another technique more suited to this type of set up?

If I'm waiting on my plants to flower couldn't I just keep the other 2 in veg until I'm ready to crop the others?

I was thinking a 3x3 tent for veg and a 4x4 for flower. I'd plant in the veg tent too.

Is all this do able?

Hiya StefanWolf I think there shouldn't be any problem except for the scrog, as it would be hard to move from one tent to another. What you could do if you want to have a persistent grow with scrog is start 2 plants in one tent, wait a couple months, start two plants in the other tent, chop the first tent, repeat...I dunno I'm pretty baked but it's gotta be doable.

If you want to 2 have 2 in veg and 2 in flower (this is what I do) I can see 2 solutions for this.

Run 2 of the same tent.
As @Pbass stated just stage your grows and have 2 in each tent. I'd use the same type light for bloom and veg. I use a 3500k rspec led panel and it works well.

Veg in one and flower in the other.
This is what I do. I have a small tent with a 65w 3500k rspec panel in there and I veg in Coco for the duration my other tent is flowering.
When it's time my plants are moved in the flowering tent and scrog net installed. 2 weeks to adjust to new pots and I find that's enough to fill the scrog out.
Check out my IG to see what the plants look like when they move from one tent to the other.
Happy to help so flick us a pm if you like.

I'm in the process of setting up my space, but it dawned on me I could set up one tent with a 3000k led and veg them and just move them to the flower tent with a 4000k once they are ready.

Is this possible? I'm canadian so I want to grow within the 4 plant limit.

I wanted to do 2 plants at a time in each tent to optimize what im working with.

How can I scrog in this situation? Is there another technique more suited to this type of set up?

If I'm waiting on my plants to flower couldn't I just keep the other 2 in veg until I'm ready to crop the others?

I was thinking a 3x3 tent for veg and a 4x4 for flower. I'd plant in the veg tent too.

Is all this do able?
not sure if it was a typo, but the lower spectrum lighting would be for flower. i would recommend @Budget LED lights. theyre a sponsor and make great stuff. i have two of these in my 4x4 for flowering.

i think that @The Dirty 's first solution would be your best bet even for simplicity and legality/timing. two of the same tent staggered.

figure out how much time you need per harvest from sprout to cure, split it in half and plant your seeds a few days before that halfway point.

in order to fill a 4x4 with 2 plants youre gonna wanna veg for a while. id say 8 weeks ish? maybe a little more? just as an example, figure 1 week seedling, 8 weeks veg, 8 weeks flower, 5 weeks dry/cure (3ish weeks in jars is usually where its at least usable imo).. looks like a 22 week cycle. so in that case youd plant like every 10.5 weeks and time it so the new sprouts come out of the dirt in tent B on the same day you cut down tent A. so you truly never have more than 4 alive in soil at one time.

My 2nd option which I use is simple and would also be legal in Canada.
The plants I veg transplant into the bigger tent very easily and I find the 8 weeks in the veg tent there plus the 2 weeks transition in the flower tent gives me 2 plants that fill a 4x4 scrog easily.
These are not just words, please check my ig profile for real life implementation if you like.

@Budget LED would be a good choice of lights. Thanks @politoed i forgot to tag a sponsor.

You can turn a plant to 12/12 any time you want at any size. I think some people even start at 12/12. Obviously the longer you go in veg, the bigger the plant is going to be when you flip, meaning more plant to yield buds from. I would say 4 - 8 weeks is typical. Keep in mind you are going to get stretch so you want to factor in the highest height your lights can go. There are things you can do if you misjudge and they do get too tall so don't sweat any of it too much. CHeers! :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom