HGS Black Pearl & Black Queen

Glad to hop into this adventure early! They truly are growing like the weeds they are. This is a nice new years project you got here NBK! Ill be starting my WW journal officially once i get rid of a bug infestation and they get bigger.

Stay well man!

Ahhh yeaahhh Dr.215 they are doing the do so to speak. I'm already tickled green. :laughtwo: It's good to have you on board for the ride. It should be so colorfully stinky and exotic I can't even imagine, i'm trying though. I wanted to include a pic of the strains on here but i don't think it's kosher. We'll see in about 4 weeks or so ourselves, iffin i can keep from 12/12'n it before then. :smokin: I'm lookin forward to your grow when you get it presentable. What kinda bugs you got out that way? I have some lil hopping things that i wasnt sure i saw at first, but everytime i water they come out and say hi. tini-tiny lil buggers but i havent noticed any damage up top, the roots i dunno. I spent all new years eve n' day in my garden cause that where i plan to stay all i possibly can this year + some. I hope it pays off say..in time for 420!!!!! :rocker:

I hear that! I've just got the most annoying bugs ever. Fungus Gnats. The guys at my hydro shops convinced me to use beneficial nematodes but they have done JACK SH!T!. Just my luck... I do have a ton of sticky paper up and started using neem today. I hope that helps. I'll try and get my journal formalized and presentable for you ASAP.

Its always 4-20 somewhere!

I hear that! I've just got the most annoying bugs ever. Fungus Gnats. The guys at my hydro shops convinced me to use beneficial nematodes but they have done JACK SH!T!. Just my luck... I do have a ton of sticky paper up and started using neem today
They can be annoying. Buggers to deal with. Is this in your resevoirs living? or infested amongst the plant leaves, buds? I hope the Neem works, how are you applying it?

They can be annoying. Buggers to deal with. Is this in your resevoirs living? or infested amongst the plant leaves, buds? I hope the Neem works, how are you applying it?

No res here. 5 lb grow bags with a local organic potting soil and a local organic mix + local bloom dry fertilizer.

They don't even bother with the plants, they are after the soil. The soil is pretty damn nice. Well i just started the neem treatment today, 1/2 tsp per quart of treated water. I plan on letting it sit for a week, check it, and go from there. the bottle suggests wait two weeks.

I only started this after using nematodes with no luck. Almost all of the adults in the room have been stuck but i fear the todes did nothing and are not killing the eggs so i'm moving on to the neem. We'll see.

Sorry for the interruption now back to your regular programming...

Ohh wow, check out the new smilies. They're dope! Let's hope they don't make one that says 'way to go dill-hole' or 'told ya so'. I'd totally get a couple of
those -Daily- LOL :phew: anyways, :focus: Shaggy 420 thanx for your support, luckily the hard part for me is the starting of the seeds. With that done i'm pretty good at bringin the buds out -check the link 4 my random hitterz and now their clones in my signature line all done with cfl's and mg up to just before harvest when the 1000wt mh/hps and FF soluble nutes arrived-. This is the first grow i'm using the qual gear from the start w/qual seeds to boot. :drool: I would love all females but this time i'm praying for males -at least 1 per strain dear lord- :amen: I have several strains myself, w/access to a dozen more, so were going mad scientist w/the boys!!!! :scratchinghead:
:thanks: everbody posting w/me or all ya'll sitting back and observing quietly.
i luv it. :slide: :peace:OUT -before i go through all the new smilies- LOL

ps... i'll try to get the eye candy to all ya later. :ciao:

yea we got the strain remix'n covered. good luck w/your side roadie. we gonna get.sum.kin-folk cause i think bq2 is growing 'male fast' you know. i dunno all the males i had were way bigger way faster than tha ladiez. it's always the one i want most too. keepin em' now. :passitleft:

I hear that! I've just got the most annoying bugs ever. Fungus Gnats. The guys at my hydro shops convinced me to use beneficial nematodes but they have done JACK SH!T!. Just my luck... I do have a ton of sticky paper up and started using neem today. I hope that helps. I'll try and get my journal formalized and presentable for you ASAP.

Its always 4-20 somewhere!

The predatory nemotodes worked for me, but they also make this stuff called gnatrol which is a little bit more expensive, but I think you get many uses out of it. Haven't tried it, but at my grow shop the nemotodes were his second recommendation behind the gnatrol.

Also, I think you are supposed to water in the nemotodes right before lights out. They do not like lights. Also, it can take 3 weeks for the nemotodes to clear up an infestation.

How are they(Fungus Gnats) getting into the soil? Any clues? Are they being tracked in off shoes? I have not has this problem before, even living in a tropical environment. I am curious.

How are they(Fungus Gnats) getting into the soil? Any clues? Are they being tracked in off shoes? I have not has this problem before, even living in a tropical environment. I am curious.

It sounds like he's making his own dirt. I am fairly confident when my garden was infested it was because of the cheap soil I bought from Home Depot.

Perhaps his organic compound had fungus gnats in it before he even started the grow?

all the bugs i have came w/the bag of organic mg dirt i bought too. i dont trip cause the plants do fine and the bugs could be essential to the break down of the compost material to soil and nutrients. that is if the fungus gnats are little and white, cause i have some of those things too.

i just got done with reading your other thread and i must say great job on that
that grape kush looked so good
even if it was small

thanx a bunch shaggy 420! I'll be growing another set of the grape w/the C.O.B. after these current plants go to 12/12

couple of pix..
BQ2
PICT00402.JPG

BP1
PICT00582.JPG

Pretty sure it was from my organic soil i picked up. Its very nice soil and i did see some gnats flying around the bags when i bought it. Buyers beware i guess... The nematodes still have not done anything, i wish i would have known to put them in with lights off, but i have moved to the neem oil now anyways. Its not the flying adult gnats that are the problem, its their eggs that grow into larva and feed on the roots killing the plants. I really hope they go away soon but ya cant feed with neem oil every day, just once a week... Oh and i've decided to pick up some beneficial insecticidal soap that should kill off the rest of them...

Your babies look great man, now back to the show...

Back
Top Bottom