hi all clones rooting in a tent with flowering plants ?

masterj

Hi all I would like to know if anybody has took any clones and kept them in tent with flowering plants as dont have any whear else for them to go would the cuttings survive under 12/12 for 9/10 weeks untill the big ones have been harvested ?

From what I have read in tent construction posts, you can install a shelf above your current grow, approx 30" - 36", then install lights above the new shelf on an 18/6 to 24/0 light schedule. This gives you a cloning chamber in the unused space at the top of your tent. Clones don't need that much vertical space, for a few weeks, anyway.

You can use opaque plastic on the upper shelf to tuck or tape around the sides to reduce any light leakage to the bottom chamber.

I hung a spare shelf from a plastic shelving unit in this manner, and plan on rooting my clones above my veg chamber. The shelf adds almost no weight to the structure, and the clones will be fine in their small pots, until they graduate to larger ones. By then, your flowers should be close to harvest, and you can move the clones down to the lower chamber, to be further vegged at 18/6 or flowered at 12/12.

The trick is to keep separate light schedules in each chamber.

At least, this is what the blogs are saying, and I'm trying this technique in my first grow. :)
AKGramma

From what I have read in tent construction posts, you can install a shelf above your current grow, approx 30" - 36", then install lights above the new shelf on an 18/6 to 24/0 light schedule. This gives you a cloning chamber in the unused space at the top of your tent. Clones don't need that much vertical space, for a few weeks, anyway.

You can use opaque plastic on the upper shelf to tuck or tape around the sides to reduce any light leakage to the bottom chamber.

I hung a spare shelf from a plastic shelving unit in this manner, and plan on rooting my clones above my veg chamber. The shelf adds almost no weight to the structure, and the clones will be fine in their small pots, until they graduate to larger ones. By then, your flowers should be close to harvest, and you can move the clones down to the lower chamber, to be further vegged at 18/6 or flowered at 12/12.

The trick is to keep separate light schedules in each chamber.

At least, this is what the blogs are saying, and I'm trying this technique in my first grow. :)
AKGramma

This worked, BTW. My clones developed roots and were growing new leaves within a week! I rooted them in the bottom half of plastic cola bottles, so I could monitor root development.

Back
Top Bottom