Hi I'm Troy McClure

Is it not for both odor control & producing higher quality air?
Troy, if you look at pics of virtually ever tent set-up on this site, the carbon filter is connected to the exhaust. I don't think folks are concerned with the quality of the air blowing out of the tent, just the odor! :yummy:

Hey hommies,

Just about to purchase all my gear but I'd love to talk and discuss it all with the community before I do.

Here is the plan (apologies for the low quality).
IMG_1420.jpg

Vertical Grow Space

# = inches from floor to top of item

0: floor
1: drip pan
9.5: top of soil
11.5: top of pot
16.5: first screen
23.5: second screen
43: tallest recommended canopy height
61: LED light
63.3: top of LED light
70: tent roof

First Grow Goals:
  • Yield: 80-120g
  • Learn how to raise a healthy plant
Bought:
  • Tent: Mammoth Grow Tents Classic120 3.9x3.9x5.9'
  • Seeds: Crop King Seeds White Widow (fem)
  • Medium: Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil
  • 5 Gallon fabric pot
  • 4x4 trellis net

In the cart:
  • Lights: Spider Farmer SF1000 LED
  • Inline fan: AC Infinity CLOUDLINE S6, 6”
  • Carbon filter for intake: iPower 6"
  • Exhaust fan: AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6, 6” + Temperature Humidity Controller
  • Power Bar: APC UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector, 850VA
  • Timer: Kuman 15A/1800W 24-Hour Digital Timer Socket, 7-Day Digital Programmable Timer Switch

• soil pH meter
  • water pH meter
  • ducting

Basically I will be growing for the first time, I have a low ceiling (80") and a pretty damp and dutty basement. Im in the newest & nicest room in the basement and separated from most of the low quality airspace. I rather be safe than sorry so I have a carbon filter on the inline fan, and I have the exhaust fan ducting out of my house. The goal is 1 plant on the first grow, only 1 Spider Farmer SF1000 (if i can get away with it for the first grow), a 2x2 ScrOG from the white widow seed in my 4x4 grow tent.

Quick info on the SF1000:
  • Veg Footprint: 3 x 3 ft
  • Flower Footprint: 2 x 2 ft
  • Max Yield:2.2g/watt
  • Actual Draw: 100 watt (up to 130)
  • HID equivalent: 200 watt
  • Efficacy: 2.7 umol/J
  • Spectrum: 3000K, 5000K, 660nm, 760nm
  • can be lowered to 12" from canopy
  • 1569421729580.png

I have general questions about how much to expect the electricity cost to be?
Temperature in the grow tent (in basement that will be averaging around 60-64F) during the winter in Canada.

Looking forward to chatting with the community and very excited to start my new hobby.

Cheers

I feel like Ive noticed you somewhere before...

Welcome.

I filter my intake as well and though I am a ways from my closest neighbor my exhaust as well. I can see that part but what it's not going to do is keep you from allowing the mold in when you enter the tent to water and do other tasks of growing plants.

Welcome.

I filter my intake as well and though I am a ways from my closest neighbor my exhaust as well. I can see that part but what it's not going to do is keep you from allowing the mold in when you enter the tent to water and do other tasks of growing plants.

So to get a sense of what mould I’m discussing, there is an old armoire that has sat in the basement for 10 years or so. It just has that powdery mildew type on a shelf and it’s not coated at all or anything like that.

So I’m a full room removed from that and the cat litter and furnace room is another room removed from that one. So a decent amount of buffer from the lower quality air and environment.

You still think that’s going to be a problem when I go in and out of the tent / work in it?

So to get a sense of what mould I’m discussing, there is an old armoire that has sat in the basement for 10 years or so. It just has that powdery mildew type on a shelf and it’s not coated at all or anything like that.

So I’m a full room removed from that and the cat litter and furnace room is another room removed from that one. So a decent amount of buffer from the lower quality air and environment.

You still think that’s going to be a problem when I go in and out of the tent / work in it?

I was just saying that if mold is in the environment it will get tracked in so you have to try to control that overall environment. It seems you may have it covered. :)

Troy I see your list in the cart , check out our sponsors. Your in 420 now check the discounts !

He's right, check out our new Sponsor Budget Led.
These high quality Quantum Board light's are "Made in America" and for 1/2 the price, using Samsung diode's.

"Built for Grower's, by Grower's".

Budget Led
light's, come with a full 3 year warranty!
I just started a new Journal that showcases their light's and your invited to come take a look. Here's the link . . .

Welcome to the forum :welcome:

He's right, check out our new Sponsor Budget Led.
These high quality Quantum Board light's are "Made in America" and for 1/2 the price, using Samsung diode's.

"Built for Grower's, by Grower's".

Budget Led
light's, come with a full 3 year warranty!
I just started a new Journal that showcases their light's and your invited to come take a look. Here's the link . . .

Welcome to the forum :welcome:

John,

These lights looks like they provide everything that the spider farmer SF 1000's. I'm really interested. What would you recommend for a 4x4x6 grow tent (likely not at full capacity for my first grow)? Im thinking of doing 1-2 plants which will be done with ScrOG and LST training?

John,

These lights looks like they provide everything that the spider farmer SF 1000's. I'm really interested. What would you recommend for a 4x4x6 grow tent (likely not at full capacity for my first grow)? Im thinking of doing 1-2 plants which will be done with ScrOG and LST training?

Come on over to the Bloom Room and let's figure that out. While you're there, check out my set up.
Just click on the link below, I'll see you there. :thumb:

John,

Hey TroyMcclure:

For a 4 x 4, we would reccomend one of our 480w kits. It will give that space the ppfd it needs to perform very well! If you have any questions, please let us know.

Budget LED

Back
Top Bottom