High all, new member here :)

Moosest

High all, new member here, thought I'd say hello :)
I'll be 45 years old this year, been smoking for about 30 of those years and contrary to all the "public service" pieces burnt into my brain over the years about the evils of marijuana (I hate that word BTW, maybe some day we'll discuss why), I'm still here, healthy and sane (well, reasonably anyway)...

Oops sorry, manners...I'm Mark and its nice to meet u all :)
I'm a design engineer of over 20 years but I've had it w this field, its ppl, its culture, pretty much everything about it. Ive had this silly dream that someday I'd become a legit professional grower and I do believe that time has come!
When it comes to cannabis, I'm probably a bit more passionate and outspoken than most let's just leave it at that for now ;)

I currently reside in FL (yeah, pretty much a flagship market for big pharma, big effin surprise mmj didn't pass here last year). Mmj will be on the ballot again in 2016 and frankly, I don't care what happens anymore, I'm moving to nor cal in a few months. The plan is to finally pursue this silly dream...I know what many of u r thinking and don't bother as I cannot b discouraged or defeated once I set my mind to something. In fact, in my mind I've already succeeded (lol). Win or lose, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy this adventure!

Ive spent a lot of time here, "lurking" as it's referred, and have found this community very helpful in my research, which is primarily cultivation. I've read many threads and more than a few journals, thanks to all who have shared their thoughts and experience. Hopefully some day I'll return the favor and add my own perspectives...

One of the biggest selling points for me is having the ability to give back to the community. Yes, I'm going to more than succeed financially and yes, its gonna feel awesome to support and contribute to the community and this movement! I believe that some day we will all look back on these times w a healthy mix of shame and triumph, shame that we as a people allowed this prohibition to last as long as it has and triumph that we finally, collectively put reason, science, and sanity before ignorance and fear...

A fave of mine that I feel applies to the discussion and a principle I've lived my life by since the day I read it: "If a law is unjust a man is not only right to disobey it, he is OBLIGATED to do so" - Thomas Jefferson

Aaaaa-freakin-men Thomas :)

Peace, love, and a greener, more sane world,
Moose (or Mark, whatever, chances r that I've been called much worse)

Welcome aboard man!! Pretty awesome lil introduction right there. You have definetly come to the right place for any and all of your growing needs and wants. Its a great community here and you will be able to obtain more information then you ever knew was out there. A lot of us are continueing to push through the legal limits of our society and I stay jealous of those who can do what they like without fear of persecution. Regardless we all push on and this country is slowing turning around and truly making landmark laws and decisions that is setting the pace for many other countries. Even though many other countries were ahead of us, we as America will truly start to set the pace. Again welcome and cant wait to see what the future holds for you.

Thanks PT for the warm welcome! Yeah I can't wait to get started as I've been planning this little escapade for years now, waiting patiently (well lol, not exactly patiently) for the right time and circumstance...
Ive lurked for around a year now, I don't typically jump into public discussion mostly out of respect and until I've looked around enough to discover what the membership is like. And I must say that I'm impressed w this particular community, both the high levels of wanting to help and spread knowledge and the high level of respect towards fellow members is huge to me, hence why I've finally decided to become a more active and contributing member...
I'm no pro (yet) but no noob to growing either. My history in this regard has been more "under the radar" so to speak as I've come from environments quite hostile to this endeavor (like the one I currently reside in for example). But I'm tired of hiding and I'm tired of mindlessly conforming to draconian laws designed to misinform the public and give agencies like the dea a reason to exist...
I want to legitimately help ppl and yes, I have no issue w making a comfortable living from doing it either as I'm the type who will gain immense satisfaction from giving back to a community who helps me. One way or another, I will help make this a better place for all one person at a time, for as long as it takes, for as long as I'm able! What's right is right and what's wrong is wrong it's really that simple to me. And keeping this amazing, life-giving plant in the dark is just downright wrong and will not stand!
If we don't stand together, we fall together so what's it gonna be?? We r all good ppl, but someone said it best when they said that all evil has to do to triumph is for good men to stand by and do nothing (okay lol, maybe that's not exactly word for word correct but hopefully u get the idea)...I for one will not spend another second of my life doing nothing about it, yeah I'm pissed, hopefully I'm not alone and by what I've seen here these past few months, thankfully I'm not anymore :)
Its an immense pleasure to b here, u all have no idea! Thanks again for the warm welcome bro :)

Thanks Dutty its great to be here. I actually do like living here but yeah, it was a real letdown last year. I call it big money vs little money...It's really sad...and ridiculous...and unacceptable...and...lol nothing we haven't all heard a hundred times by now I'm sure so ill try not to rant too much...

Welcome! I am a fellow Floridian brother. The game is changing for this state and I believe we will have victory in 2016. John Morgans opposition (forget her name) has already backed down and the language in the petition has been reworded to clarify points that were arguable. Morgan has put a lot of money into this and he has a lot more backers than last year. Granted, it is MMJ for only certain debilitating diseases , but it is a step in the right direction. There are others working on full legality and the such as well.

Thanks UltraDan its great to b here :)
Nice to have a fellow Floridian chime in. Not sure if I wanna get started on the mmj subject here in FL so early in the morning, I should at least finish my first coffee before I go there lol...
I like John tho and commend his efforts! I feel that its just going to b another big money vs little money fiasco like it was last year...I hope I'm wrong but regardless, I don't plan to hang out much longer waiting. So much more to add, lol I should really finish this coffee first, too early to get too fired up :p

Back
Top Bottom