High Tech Garden Supply on ebay: Beware

Gorillabuds

The first two MH and HPS lighting systems I ordered from High Tech Garden Supply went without a problem. I pay all ebay purchases instantly when it's not unwise to do so, BTW. My room needed another 1000 watt HPS as things got really going so I hopped onto ebay, went to my trusty "favorite sellers" list and ordered what I wanted. When it didn't arrive within a week, I fired them off an email asking for a tracking number. They instantly replied that it was shipped and would arrive on Tuesday, January 9th. I checked the UPS site and found out it shipped the day I asked for the tracking number and not when it was supposed to. They never contacted me to let me know of any problems with supply. The Agromax bulb that came with the order was a dud. It would come on for 30 seconds and then go out. I called HTG on the phone and explained the problem. They assured me that they'd replace the bulb and that I'd have it by Friday, January 12th. The UPS guy is a regular at my house so I know exactly within a 2 hour time frame when they'll be delivering. 10am rolls around...no UPS. 11am...12pm..1pm..now I'm getting pissed. Oh..BTW...I still have no tracking number for the replacement bulb. I fire off a polite email to HTG and ask where the bulb is...no reply. I send a 2nd email an hour later....no reply. I call their 1-866 number and leave a message...no return call. I fire off a 3rd email....not even so much as a "fuck you very much" from them. If your order goes smooth with them, they'll talk to you and reply to emails. If you have a beef with them, they just clam up and don't reply. This is no way to do business especially when someone has dropped $900 at your store. Don't forget, I paid for my 3rd light and they never shipped it until I reminded them that had I ordered it. Then they insulted me by lying to me and not delivering the replacement bulb as promised. This is just a "heads up" for anyone ordering from them in the future. The lights they sell are really nice but if something goes wrong, don't expect any communication from them. I'm sitting here with a $300, 1000 watt HPS ballast, hood and a dud bulb, wondering if I'm ever going to get a bulb from them because they DON'T FUCKING COMMUNICATE! Now I have to wait until Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday to see if it arrives. I live 4 hours from Cranberry township, PA and they have one pissed off customer with a lead foot.

UPDATE: I received a message from Tony at HTG Supply today (Monday 1-15-07).

Hello GB,
I am really sorry but that bulb did not get shipped out. I was called away from the office on Wednesday due to a personal matter and didn't return until today. I will overnite your replacement bulb and an extra one for being so patient.I will email the UPS tracking # when it ships. Once again, thank you for your patience.

I'm still not happy as it took me 2 weeks to get this light when it should have taken 3 days but the bulbs aren't cheap and were an upgrade from what I originally ordered. If I was running an ebay store that sold as much merchandise as they do, I think I'd have someone checking emails for me if I was away :passitleft:

You don't know his situation though. Maybe give him the benefit of the doubt. I mean yeah it sucks, but in the end you did get another free bulb right?

I ordered from them and got it on time and fine. I even got an email asking if I was 100% satisfied. *shrug* Sorry to hear your having such a hard time bro

I ordered from them twice with no problems. It was the third order that was all fucked up and it's a crappy way to do business.

Yeah, I'm not going to give them a negative when they were so good the first 2 times and they did send an extra bulb worth about $70. The problem I had with the 3rd order was the fact that I talked to them on the phone after finding out the bulb was a dud, they said they'd ship out a replacement bulb right away and didn't. Then it was a week before I could even get anyone at HTG to answer me. When I finally got ahold of someone there they said "I forgot to ship it". They did send the extra bulb so they didn't get negative feedback from me. I'd order from them again just because of the fact that they made the extra effort after fucking up the order for 2 weeks. They're also the largest ebay seller for lighting and the deals are sweet..lol.

I ordered a 400 watt MH / HPS system and it arrived with zero problems.

My only complaint (that I did not reflect in my possative feedback) was the fixture is really poor quality. Cheap as aluminum about as thick as tin foil that dents even when you look at it. The reflector is really small. 10w x 13L. I really like the MH lamp that came with it though. Way brighter than a normal one.

I did find another supplier on ebay in Canada that has pretty good deals. 600 watt Digital switchable ballast with ventable hood, glass and lamp for $280.00 which includes shipping. For a digital MH / HPS ballasted sytem...........thats a good deal. They are "GROWRITE" on ebay.

No....................I don't work for them. Just doing my good deed for the day by passing along my finds.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Later

I know I'm slightly late but I wanted to bump this thread with a question.Why would htg not offer 150w hps bulbs?I asked them over ebays "ask seller a question" deal.This is a copy of the message and answer with only our names fiddled with;

Will you have 150w hps replacement bulbs in stock soon?Thanks

Hello *****,
We do have 150w HPS bulbs in stock. They are $8.00 plus shipping. They
can only be ordered over the phone as they are not offered on ebay or our
website. I can be reached at 1-866-710-4769 M-F, 9-5 eastern time.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks again and have a nice day,
High Tech Garden Supply

Ok,so call me a nervous nellie.I hate speaking to answering machines and computers,but this reply makes me want to talk to a human even less.What'ya think?Does 8 bucks for a 150w hps bulb feel kinda of like one of those tractor beams from the old star wars saga to any of ya'll?Irresistible almost......

Can't remember the exact totals but I've only spent about 150 bucks with 'em,give or take.The second order fell under a special deal.I spent enough to be gifted with 50 grams each of bud blood,big bud and carbo load.The first purchase left me gifted with a bad-assed lighter with a built in bottle opener.:allgood:

I really,REALLY,need the bulb but.....:phew:

I've talked to that guy Tony @ HTGSupply & he sounds OK imo....... like a 20something yr old stoner, again imo.......
& btw the reason they don't offer the 150watt bulbs is that plant growers rarely use them, good for small cabinets imo they don't get much demand.

Yea,Tony is the guy.He has always been one of the most prompt sellers on ebay when it comes to answering buyers stupid questions.Mostly mine.:cheesygrinsmiley:

But,since the inception of hOmElAnDE SeCuRatEE and the freaking PaTroT AcT I'm scared to post questions or do internet deals and am getting more paranoid by the day.BTW,I kinda thought that most Americans were poor and broke,living in small spaces and buying cheap 150s same as I am.My bad.:Rasta:
I really appreciate the reply,think I'll call ol' Tony up.
:peace:

Yea,I was slightly on the paranoid side when I posted that.Sorry,didn't mean to freak anybody out,Lol.Damn sativas,I haven't seen any indica for a few years now.But,I'm into other crap on the internet and flying under the radar has gotten to be a habit.By the way.It's not paranoia if they really are out to get me,right?:peace:

The first purchase left me gifted with a bad-assed lighter with a built in bottle opener.:allgood:

Ha ha I got one too with my grow lights (400w HPS - HTG Version). Why they send out lighters with gardening supplies I don't know, HEHEHEHE LOL :bongrip: Well we ALL KNOW but hey.

My order went super smooth, I have to say that the reflectors included w/ the HTG basic systems is fairly poor in quality and rather small for a 400w light but it gets the job done! The HTG bulbs included are nice w/ a 55,000 lumen output :cheesygrinsmiley: The ballasts are very heavy duty and I mean HEAVY, good luck bolting that thing to the wall, lol. I love my light though and its a STEAL for the $$$

:allgood::peace::allgood:

i did my big startup order with them 500 ish digi greenhse MH/HPS 400 light with 2 bulbs and reflector foxfarm PH mtr coir etc they were real good on the phone answering newby ?s before i ordered if i could drive i'd go i n person as they are 2-3 hrs driving speedlimit and putzing but the problems i did have PH meter went bad within 60 days they replaced it talked on phone more than once before they did and one person was spacey and one was right on tthe ball about products and proper use setup etc i"ll order from them again and hope the day i call
the dude that rocks is in my gut reaction is that they are kind and want to do good business but the staff isn't up to par on some days i just got over to their web site direct and was really impressed with the improvements and package deals they aren't always the cheapest but when i count up the overall cost on a multi item order and shipping vs buying stuff 2 or 3 places the difference really isn't bad when i know its all together and gets here soon i wish they had a print out of the ten or twenty feel stupid asking ?s they get most often from newbys on set up etc that they sent out with orders....

I ve ordered everything i have from them and I have recevied my items extremely fast and in working order. They also replaced a bulb that was about 3 weeks from the warranty being expired with no problems.

Only ordered once and it went fine. Will order again, shit happens, but I feel ur pain. Getting ready 2 order agian, so I can finally start fucking growing.

i would just avoid eBay and order directly from their website. But if you plan on visiting the actual store you would be suprised of everything they have in that little hole-in-the-wall store

Back
Top Bottom