Mars Hydro TSL 2000 LED Grow Light

I don’t think you understand, I am adapting. I am buying a light from a reputable US based, vet owned company with a custom service department and a phone number. And instead of taking a beating on the money I wasted on a defective light, I am trying to get them an actual address to send back their junk to . And maybe just maybe save somebody else the trouble of learning that lesson the hard way. If they live by this site, they should hear honest feed back both good and bad. If I had seen a post like mine before I bought it I would not be talking to you about it lol .
I do get it brother. Once bitten, twice shy.
You don't get where I am coming from though. If this was me. My title would be " not satisfied with mars hydro"
Then I would list my complaint, response time from the company and my conclusion..
That is all that was needed to make us and mars hydro aware that you were not happy with the service..
There are other ways of addressing situations and problems, without getting angry..
Your point would have not been questioned otherwise I think..
It may just be me, being old fashioned, civilised and a pacifist.
So, do you get my point?
Peace man :peace:

@Mister Greengenes @Mars Hydro
We're very sorry that you are having an issue with Mars Hydro.

We are here not only to protect our sponsors but also to represent our members, so we have therefore contacted the sponsor in question directing them here and asking them to comment in this thread.

We hope this will help facilitate a swift resolution to the issue and we will be monitoring the situation.

how do you know it's the dimmer ?
if it runs full up and does not dim it is the dimmer. but if it runs full up you can at least raise or lower the light for intensity to get back in business.

if you have nothing at all it can be connectivity or a bad driver.

edit : dimmers rarely fail. they get "dirty" but will at least work to a degree normally.

how do you know it's the dimmer ?
if it runs full up and does not dim it is the dimmer. but if it runs full up you can at least raise or lower the light for intensity to get back in business.

if you have nothing at all it can be connectivity or a bad driver.

edit : dimmers rarely fail. they get "dirty" but will at least work to a degree normally.
Light will only work at full power, dimmer is cooked. I did receive a personal email from MARS about 10 minutes after Teddy got involved. They said it was on its way, but I have heard that before. I will update on what shows up first, the dimmer they promised or the replacement fixture I just ordered lol.

And again; I do understand your predicament. I have been in a similar situation with a different manufacturer, to the point I had to adapt a led fitting to make it viable to use. But, I did not rant about it in public. I made my concerns aware in a post but it was a lesson learned. I contacted the company and made gave my opinions. That was a while ago and I have not heard anything back. Hey ho, life goes on.
Squeaky Wheel gets the oil, you act like you own stock in Mars. I'm about to buy a couple of new lights, how they resolve this matters to me.

you act like you own stock in Mars.
I believe it is unfair to give a company a bad reputation from one error.
Tearing apart a company in public is also unfair. This could have been addressed in a more civil manner. If you would care to read all my replies again, you will find I was sympathetic with the OP; it was his manner in dealing with the issue that I found a problem with..

thought i had replied to this

Light will only work at full power, dimmer is cooked.

yup. that's exactly how a bad one acts.

I did receive a personal email from MARS about 10 minutes after Teddy got involved. They said it was on its way, but I have heard that before.

gotta love this board

I will update on what shows up first, the dimmer they promised or the replacement fixture I just ordered lol.

for others in the future or if out of warranty - it's not hard to pull a dimmer, order one, and replace it.

make sure you note the ohm printed on the dimmer (potentiometer), and the wiring. the majority should have three posts, with only two used.

i've repaired all sorts of led rigs for folk. it's always a driver, a dimmer, or a connection. if an emitter goes bad you're sol, unless it's a cob rig. the strip and q-board folk just have to live with a burnt one.

I believe it is unfair to give a company a bad reputation from one error.
Tearing apart a company in public is also unfair. This could have been addressed in a more civil manner. If you would care to read all my replies again, you will find I was sympathetic with the OP; it was his manner in dealing with the issue that I found a problem with..

it's not a right / wrong here squigs.
i know you mean well, there just isn't a win there, so i'd ease back.

ftr : there's no one harder on mars - or any builder - than i am. i look for quality and ethics. i make no bones about it.

Totally understand, Cheers mate.
. it just hits a raw nerve. My company was cut in half over a weekend by a competitor leaving fake reviews all over social media.. it took me 6 month to clear my name and prove that I had not even supplied these people. By then, it was too late..
It's amazing how much influence the tinterwebby has on a business, big and small.. luckily I regained my reputation after a few years.
One spiteful person caused a load of damage..

Anyway. Im walking away :ciao:

One spiteful person caused a load of damage..

i get it. and that's who you go after. it's a double edged sword.

i filed about 6 suits in five yrs. at least 4 were an intimidation, 2 i meant for sure. none made it to court, everything settled my way. but i got there quick and hard. it's cheap to file.

edit : ties them up but good

i get it. and that's who you go after. it's a double edged sword.

i filed about 6 suits in five yrs. at least 4 were an intimidation, 2 i meant for sure. none made it to court, everything settled my way. but i got there quick and hard. it's cheap to file.

edit : ties them up but good
It's extremely difficult in the UK to file anything and ridiculously expensive.
I went after compensation for damages but he just closed his limited company and I was left with the costs. So I was screwed again:laugh:
Anyways.
I will keep my opinions and vengeance to myself the next time:rofl:

I purchased a TSL 2000 less than six months ago. The dimmer stopped working three weeks ago. After 3 attempts I finally got their customers service to answer me back. They said they are shipping out a new dimmer within 24 hours, I would receive a in tracking number. Two weeks later, silence. No replies to emails, exept for computer generated response tickets. The crop is now aborted, time to start over with A LIGHT FROM A REPUTABLE COMPANY. @Elevated Lighting Company here I come!
My light from Mars Hydro also failed. I had to return the old drivers and dimmer before they would send new parts. What I sent them was a wired assembly with a connection to plug the power cord into. What I received were three discreet pieces I had to wire together and silver my power cord into. It took about three weeks of downtime from the failure to get the lights back on again. Why they don't send an assembly first with a call tag attached for return of failed parts is beyond me.
I'm pretty sure my wiring job is better than theirs, though.

My light from Mars Hydro also failed. I had to return the old drivers and dimmer before they would send new parts. What I sent them was a wired assembly with a connection to plug the power cord into. What I received were three discreet pieces I had to wire together and silver my power cord into. It took about three weeks of downtime from the failure to get the lights back on again. Why they don't send an assembly first with a call tag attached for return of failed parts is beyond me.
I'm pretty sure my wiring job is better than theirs, though.
It finally came today. No connectors, but managed to get it together in about 10 minutes. Now the head to head comparison with the new light begins lol. Cheers to everyone that helped.

It's extremely difficult in the UK to file anything and ridiculously expensive.
I went after compensation for damages but he just closed his limited company and I was left with the costs. So I was screwed again
Anyways.
I will keep my opinions and vengeance to myself the next time

ouch.. we went after specific individuals, not just who they worked for. the companies were implicated through the individuals actions, and they got nervous due to the exposure.

we had a good family lawyer, and he did the research. we just did the papers and paid the filing fees.
we recouped a bit over 45% the rest was lost or went to the lawyer. it was still better than a dead loss.

it's odd it is that hard as our system is based on yours

Sorry I got jump in on this my tsw2000 driver went few weeks ago I'm still waiting for the replacement driver might be because of this covid sh*t why there customer service not to good atm glad u got sorted

@Mister Greengenes
I'm sorry for the trouble brought to you. I was out of work in the hospital last week. I'm sorry for not dealing with you in time.
We require all customer service staff to respond to customer emails within 24 working hours.
Would you mind sending me your email address privately?
I need to investigate this matter in our company system. If it is the fault of our customer service, we will give criticism and punishment.
We need to try our best to prevent similar things from happening again.
I am sorry again for what happened to you. If you need anything else in the future, please feel free to contact me. I will provide you with the best help

@Mister Greengenes
I'm sorry for the trouble brought to you. I was out of work in the hospital last week. I'm sorry for not dealing with you in time.
We require all customer service staff to respond to customer emails within 24 working hours.
Would you mind sending me your email address privately?
I need to investigate this matter in our company system. If it is the fault of our customer service, we will give criticism and punishment.
We need to try our best to prevent similar things from happening again.
I am sorry again for what happened to you. If you need anything else in the future, please feel free to contact me. I will provide you with the best help
Thanks, hope you are feeling better! I sent you my email address yesterday.

I know this is old but I was continuously searching through sites videos, documents concerning to to growing certain plants , etc, I did some homework concerning these grow lights, I decided to join t on here to see information, this is all over the world & every thing, every place, environments are different, I have gotten mislead by info on here on THC Farmer , they say use this not that, but on the contrary I found out that SpiderFarmer is the better choice over Mars Hydro , there's a few companies that went out & bought 1 to review these are free lance reviewers they don't get nothing out of it except the respect from their viewers, after all said & done he rated them by customer service value & what the light was leading whether the paperwork corresponds to the readings, Spider Farmer came up 1st on customer service and their readings matches what they are advertising which Mars Hydro gave him a few graphs of their previous lights not the 1 he wanted , which he never gotten an answer from them, but if you're old fashioned like me , back in the 90s we had H.M & H.P.S I knew the wattage for the bulb without worrying whether if it'll fit my space or not LEDs you're in a needle in a haystacks when it comes to LEDs

Back
Top Bottom