Home Made Tea

First Church

420 Member
So I weighed out 2 grams and ran it through my grinder. I then put that in a stainless steel shot glass with a little coconut oil and put it on the oven @220F for 45 minutes. The purpose was to decarboxylate the cannabis. DIRECTIONS ONLINE In order to decarboxylate cannabis at home, all you need is some starting material, an oven set to 220-235 degrees F (depending on your location and oven model), some parchment paper, and a baking tray. Finely grind your cannabis until the material can be spread thin over the parchment and placed on your baking sheet. Allow the cannabis to bake for 30-45 minutes, or longer if desired. But I used the shot glass method to keep the small amount more manageable.

The THCA in cannabis begins to decarboxylate at approximately 220 degrees Fahrenheit after around 30-45 minutes of exposure. Full decarboxylation may require more time to occur. Many people choose to decarboxylate their cannabis at slightly lower temperatures for a much longer period of time in attempts to preserve terpenes. Many mono and sesquiterpenes are volatile and will evaporate at higher temperatures, leaving potentially undesirable flavors and aromas behind. The integrity of both cannabinoids and terpenoids are compromised by using temperatures that exceed 300 degrees F, which is why temperatures in the 200’s are recommended.

Next, I boiled two berry-flavored tea bags and one skittle (Candy) in a pot. Pored out one cup and steeped the tea with this device. Notice the lunger on the end, It pushes the tea to the bottom to get the last drop out.

Ok its ready to drink. I will give an update in an hour.

Attachments

• IMG_8914.JPG
    IMG_8914.JPG
    824.9 KB · Views: 80
As others have found, an alternative to vaping would be good to avoid a sore throat. I like your results with making a tea. I wonder if a cup of this would go even better with half a teaspoon of butter or coconut oil?

Back
Top Bottom