Homemade co2?

tat2gee

does anyone know the recipe where i can mix feast and some vinegar and water to make it properly,as yu see i have the order wrong .can anyone with more exp.. help a brotha out take a look at my set up . i want to guve my girl a boost.

there are several methods and and explinations, do a little looking and searching, gurantee u'll find something that will pop ur knowlage bubble.

Your going to need an air-tight enclosure.
Using yeast will probably cost you more than the extra yield would cost if you bought the weed on the street.

Much more cost-effective--flo-thru ventilation. That means intake and exhaust fans.

RangerDanger said:
Your going to need an air-tight enclosure.
Using yeast will probably cost you more than the extra yield would cost if you bought the weed on the street.

Much more cost-effective--flo-thru ventilation. That means intake and exhaust fans.
I agree with RD. All of these homemade co2 set-ups are really not worth the trouble of building. They smell, are messy and the amount of extra co2 that you get from one could have been made by you standing in the room and breathing in and out real deeply for a few minutes. There are reasons that the experts don't use these ricky rigged gadgets. They are inneffective at best. In order to use co2 effectively you need a air tight room with a 100% controllable enviroment and higher than average temps. That means baffles on the intakes and exhausts that only allow air to flow one way and a way to measure and control the PPM's of this co2.
For most of the growers on this site co2 could be increased if they just concentrated on ventilation. Like RD said...flow through ventilation is more cost effective. And he's right. But if you must run co2, do it right. Buy a burner, get a tank and regulator. Quit fooling yourself with all of this bubbleing bucket stuff and do it right.

if your doing the yeast and sugar thing you might as well get some muskedines or grapes or something that way you get some wine and some
Co2

RangerDanger said:
Re-usable atmospheric ppm meters cost $500.

lol i borrowed my moms from her nursery, i also have ph meter that alot of people probably couldnt read lol.

i also agree, you do need a room thats 100% controled, even then the price vs yield is more than likely not worth it anyway. if anything build ur grow room in a c02 rich environment, i noticed that the basement in my house has a higher c02 count than anywhere else in the house.

CO2 is most benneficial when the room temps are exceeding recommendations of 70-80 degrees F. It can make the room tollerable at high temps.

As mentioned above the room needs to be "controlled" to make it worth while. You don't want the exhaust fan sucking out the CO2...so...the fan goes off...CO2 comes on...exhaust...CO2...exhaust....etc. And don't use it during "lights off" period because the plants can't use it in the dark.

Don't waste your time...buy the bottle and regulator if you feel the need for CO2.

It was a disservice to the MJ growing community back in the late 90's when magazines were touting CO2 augmentation as a "magic bullet".
It's not.
If you have a grow room with piss-poor ventilation and you spend like $1,000 for all the necassary equip. (tank, reg., emitter, timers, fans & ppm meter) results will be impressive.
But take it from a guy who did just that (me)...it's NO silver bullet. Take that thousand bux and buy 2 $13.00 bathroom exhaust fans and a plug. Spend 45 minutes with a hole/sabre saw and screwdriver and install flo-thru ventilation.
Spend the remaining $965 on strippers.

I make co2 using yeast sugar and water.Just wondering if you can drink the liquid when the bubbles stop producing.

I reckon if i filtered it and added some colours and flavours i could have a real nice refreshing drink

I've actually had homemade Co2 for an aquarium.

("For two-liter bottles:

* 2 cups water
* 2 cups Sucrose (cane sugar)
* ¼ teaspoon Fleischmann's Active Dry Yeast
* ¼ cup tepid (ideally 104ºF) water

The yeast should rehydrated first in the tepid water. The aseptic method mentioned previously should be used.

This is the easiest formula, using the most widely available ingredients. This mixture can last up to approximately 16 days, if the aseptic method is used.

An improved formula is:

* 1½ cups of water
* 2½ cups Sucrose
* ¼ teaspoon Wyeast Labs, Eau de Vie vintners yeast

The aseptic method mentioned previously should be used.

This is a more costly mixture. Since this yeast is a liquid live yeast, (refered to as pitchable) it does not need to be rehydrated. This yeast is more tolerant to higher alcohol levels, therefore this mixture can last up to approximately 22 days. It also has a more consistant output of gas over time.")

The aseptic method is just mixing yeast into warm water and letting it jump start the process.

Thats the setup for an aquarium at least.

I don't think it would cost $1000 for that...

Just learn the right mixture to regulate how much you want :D

wouldn't a wine making kit or beer kit work and you could always put trim and stems in to give your home brew a little thc.....

the important thing is that fermantation air lock lets pressure out but doesn't let new air in

ok so everyone missed the cheapest and most eco freiendly it also say to CO2 your plants go hang out in your 8 x 8 room and inhale and exhale for 60 mins a day if your room is half that half that time etc

so smoke a j or a bowl and then leave,
come back water and check for hermis smoke a bowl,
BREATHING 60 Mins a day is enough break it up wear uv glasses
your in there that much a day i sure time it
just saying

65 lbs of sugar a month VS just doing something we seem to do every day all day even whilst we sleep for less then pennys a yr

but we do add heat also

Back
Top Bottom