Hortilux super blue bulb

kushman2382

hello guys and gals! i was at my local grow store and i seen this bulb and it was pricey. it has metal halide and a hps allin one.. has anyone used this bulb b4?
i'd like to hear from you all b4 i buy it..:thanks::thanks:

k.m.

that bulb cant do both, as well as individial bulbs is my thinking' WHEN i see their picture of the light range it looks impressive, however there no percentage numbers like on the hps and mh bulbs that leads me to thing it a misleading ad DESIGNED TO SELL... there OVER PRICED BULBS..

HERE IS WHAT i copied from a lite place

>>>>>>>>>'''''''''''Eye Hortilux has instructed their distributors to stop selling plantlightinghydroponics Hortilux branded products because we refuse to sell their products at an artificial price, established by Hortilux, that is 50% higher than our regular selling prices. Hortilux lamps will be discontinued as we run out of stock. We will be offering replacement products equal to or with better performance than Hortilux branded products at discounted prices.""""'

If your looking for metal halide check out these...

Ushio Opti-blue conversion bulb...these have the highest blue output I have seen when comparing many different spectrum outputs, also has an impressive red end as well and much UV light...

Phillips Mastercolor Ceramic Metal Halide... I wish I would have found out about these sooner...when compared to the other metal halides this one blows there spectrums out of the water.. It very closely resembles the curve of sunlight, has much higher blue output than most MH bulbs I have seen, as well as just about as good of a red end as a HPS bulb...kind of 2 bulbs in 1...and for the price online around 60$...can't go wrong.. these bulbs only come in smaller wattages though, and can only be run on magnetic ballasts.....NO DIGITAL Ballasts.... also a side note, these bulbs can only be mounted EITHER horizontal OR vertical, not both, so make sure that you order the right one if you go this route...

Here is the CMH bulb
DSC034212.JPG

Spectrum output of the CMH bulb vs a standard HPS bulb... look at that full spectrum
cmhvshps.jpg

Ushio Opti Blue Conversion bulb....very high blue spectrum...great for veg...I've also flowered successfully with this bulb.
hor-hilux-mhchart.jpg

:thanks::thanks: icemud thats cheap if it works that good.. i'll look into it..
ive seen some of your pics nice i might add.. is that what your using on yours plant?

:thanks::thanks: icemud thats cheap if it works that good.. i'll look into it..
ive seen some of your pics nice i might add.. is that what your using on yours plant?

I actually switch out bulbs depending on where I am in my cycle ( I run 2 lights in my 2x4 tent). I was running my 400w Ushio MH conversion for the first few weeks alone. After the plant's established a good root base and good foliage I follow up by running my 400w MH for half the 18 hour period and my 600w HPS Ushio Opti Red running the second half of the 18 hour day for veg, overlapping them for the middle portion of the day to simulate intense high noon sunlight.

I just recently purchased the Ceramic Metal Halide and so far It definitely produced very healthy looking buds. I haven't used it in veg yet, but most likely will give it a run this next round to see how it performs. I can't imagine it being worse, due to a fuller spectrum, higher UV and IR bands as well.

In flowering I run both bulbs for 12 hours, the 400w CMH and the 600w Ushio HPS.

We bought one of these today. Having both light types in one bulb works much better for us in theory, as we light vertically. So far it seems great, but it will take a full cycle with it before we really know for sure. I will try to remember to update then. For now, we only bought one. We're not about to replace all our bulbs till we can see if it's enough bang for the bucks! It is a cute idea though, I hope it works.

If your looking for metal halide check out these...

Ushio Opti-blue conversion bulb...these have the highest blue output I have seen when comparing many different spectrum outputs, also has an impressive red end as well and much UV light...

Phillips Mastercolor Ceramic Metal Halide... I wish I would have found out about these sooner...when compared to the other metal halides this one blows there spectrums out of the water.. It very closely resembles the curve of sunlight, has much higher blue output than most MH bulbs I have seen, as well as just about as good of a red end as a HPS bulb...kind of 2 bulbs in 1...and for the price online around 60$...can't go wrong.. these bulbs only come in smaller wattages though, and can only be run on magnetic ballasts.....NO DIGITAL Ballasts.... also a side note, these bulbs can only be mounted EITHER horizontal OR vertical, not both, so make sure that you order the right one if you go this route...

Here is the CMH bulb
DSC034212.JPG

Spectrum output of the CMH bulb vs a standard HPS bulb... look at that full spectrum
cmhvshps.jpg

Ushio Opti Blue Conversion bulb....very high blue spectrum...great for veg...I've also flowered successfully with this bulb.
hor-hilux-mhchart.jpg

I'm currently using this bulb. Used it for the last two weeks of veg and just flipped it to 12/12 yesterday so we'll see how it is for flowering. So far I'm very impressed with it. It was easily as good as the 400W MH I had in the fixture for vegging. Nice dense plants, very short nodal spacing and the plants were very bushy. I only paid $56 for mine and it arrived 2 days after I ordered it.

Based upon the spectrum, I anticipate that it will probably promote flowering as well as an HPS so we'll see. Another 50-60 days to go.

The hortilux super blue has been working well for us so far in flowering, but I won't be able to do a true comparisson to our other bulbs until next cycle. Right now they have different strains under them so I can't be certain, but it seems to be performing better than the other bulbs so far. Haven't used it for veg yet.

Back
Top Bottom