How Am I Doing With My First Grow?

zurple

I started my first grow 30 days ago. I don't have a lot of activity on my grow log, but I post updates and photos pretty much daily. I lurk a lot since I'm new to growing, so I don't feel I have much to offer yet, but I'm learning fast.

It's been pretty easy and fun.

I looked at a few threads and my plants seem to be further along than some, so it made me question how I'm actually doing so far. Am I really growing? lol

My setup is in my signature, and a link to my journal if interested.

Here's a few pictures from today. I'm on day 30.

20190830_060617.jpg
20190830_060349.jpg
20190830_060400.jpg
20190830_060356.jpg

Hey there!

They look really good to me. The only thing I notice is a bit of burning on the tips of some leaves, as well as some "crinkling" or wrinkling. The tips might be from nutes being a bit high? The wrinkling might be from humidity being a bit low? I am still pretty new myself, so hopefully some other more experienced growers will chime in.

What cultivar are they? Just curious.

What kind of training are you thinking about, if any? They are definitely nice and bushy.

Good job!

Hey there!

They look really good to me. The only thing I notice is a bit of burning on the tips of some leaves, as well as some "crinkling" or wrinkling. The tips might be from nutes being a bit high? The wrinkling might be from humidity being a bit low? I am still pretty new myself, so hopefully some other more experienced growers will chime in.

What cultivar are they? Just curious.

What kind of training are you thinking about, if any? They are definitely nice and bushy.

Good job!
This was some bag seed that I decided to do a practice run with. I have some good strains from seedsman that I'll do next.

The largest plant was fim'd about 10 days ago. The other two were topped twice, so far.

The burn places on 90% of the leaves was from where I was top feeding them as seedlings. I put them into their dwc buckets too early, so I had to improvise.

The temps have been around 75 with 60% humidity and my water stays between 68 to 72 degrees.

The wrinkled leaves have me a bit concerned but they seem happy.

What strain are you currently growing?

This was some bag seed that I decided to do a practice run with. I have some good strains from seedsman that I'll do next.

The largest plant was fim'd about 10 days ago. The other two were topped twice, so far.

The burn places on 90% of the leaves was from where I was top feeding them as seedlings. I put them into their dwc buckets too early, so I had to improvise.

The temps have been around 75 with 60% humidity and my water stays between 68 to 72 degrees.

The wrinkled leaves have me a bit concerned but they seem happy.

What strain are you currently growing?

All sounds good! Sounds like you have your environment dialed in, so not sure what might be causing wrinkles. Humidity sounds spot-on. Currently I have two grows going - outdoor girls are C99 and Critical Mass. Indoors, I just started two strains of Chemdogs, one The Doctor, and one Northern Lights.

Good luck with your grow from here forward!

All sounds good! Sounds like you have your environment dialed in, so not sure what might be causing wrinkles. Humidity sounds spot-on. Currently I have two grows going - outdoor girls are C99 and Critical Mass. Indoors, I just started two strains of Chemdogs, one The Doctor, and one Northern Lights.

Good luck with your grow from here forward!
Thanks. I was looking at your current grow a few moments ago. Looks good.

The wrinkling looks like they are over watered. Not sure how you fix that in hydro. Do you have an airstone in the bucket? Looks like we have the same lights. I love mine
I love Timber's lights, but they're the only brand I have used. I may get another light from them for a veg tent in the future.

I thought the same thing about the overwatering when I googled it a few days ago. I did find out the air pump I was using was not powerful enough and upgraded it a few days ago. They have started growing like crazy after that, so it may be fine now. Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

They look great to me. Bushy as all hell. I'd have fun trimming those, but not quite yet. :thumb:
I keep wondering when to clear them out a bit. I did a fim on one of them, and the other 2 were topped twice now. The one I did the fim on is a solid, full, bush. I will need to do something with her soon. Hopefully the largest one is a female, but I am not certain if any of them are female since this was bag seed.

I keep wondering when to clear them out a bit. I did a fim on one of them, and the other 2 were topped twice now. The one I did the fim on is a solid, full, bush. I will need to do something with her soon. Hopefully the largest one is a female, but I am not certain if any of them are female since this was bag seed.
I'm new to this and too timid for topping. :nervous-guy: I have trimmed mine much more than I ever thought i would. I think mine are about a month ahead of yours tho. I didn't start until the fan leaves were starting to shade bud sites.

IMG_3003.JPG

I'm new to this and too timid for topping. :nervous-guy: I have trimmed mine much more than I ever thought i would. I think mine are about a month ahead of yours tho. I didn't start until the fan leaves were starting to shade bud sites.

IMG_3003.JPG
Those look great for your first grow. Are you finding it easy to do? I keep waiting on the other shoe to drop at any moment, because I read so many posts with issues. Mine have gone pretty smooth, even though I did make a few small adjustments. I just have to keep reminding myself that less is more with cannabis plants.

I just finished my first month of veg from seed. I am going to Colorado next weekend for my birthday, so my plants will be on their own from Friday morning until Sunday afternoon. A little worried about it, because I check them twice daily, but only top off their water every 2 days, but that's going to speed up as they grow. I wish I'd done rdwc with a larger reserve bucket. Next grow will be upgraded for sure.

Yes I'm finding them very easy. I'm not a black thumb or anything but I wouldn't call myself a gardener per se.
The genetics need to take a lot of the credit imo.
Another nice thing from learning how to grow is that my other plants around the house have benefitted. I give them the used water from my water changes and they love it. Hell, they didn't know what ph adjusted water was. lol

Plants look good! I am actually going to be trying Dwc on my next grow but have no hydroponic growing experience. I have grown in promix the last 3 grows and always wanted to try hydroponic growing. How are you finding Dwc? is there a steep learning curve?

Plants look good! I am actually going to be trying Dwc on my next grow but have no hydroponic growing experience. I have grown in promix the last 3 grows and always wanted to try hydroponic growing. How are you finding Dwc? is there a steep learning curve?

I am finding it easy so far, but you have to check it at least once a day. The ph, ppm and water level will need minor adjustments form time to time. I read a lot on it before I dove in. It was also pretty cheap to setup, especially if you already have your lights and air filtration set up. Just buy a black bucket, a black lid with 6" basket and an air pump and stone. You could run just one along side of your other plants.

Scroll through my grow log and you can see how it has gone my first month. I had no prior experience with growing anything. Also, the community here is quite helpful if you already know some folks on here.

I'm new here, so my interaction has been limited. I am trying to complete my first grow log on here, but not sure I would do another one on this site unless I make some more connections. Maybe my bag seed grow subject didn't wow a lot of folks. Maybe if I'd started with a popular name brand strain? lol

If you get started and have some questions, feel free to ask.

Back
Top Bottom