How badly did I screw up?

delld

I am doing my second closet grow and have 4 new, fine girls growing to about 3 ft at this point. The plants have been in the 12/12 cycle for 2 weeks and are budding nicely. I recently received a grow light raise/lower device and installed it yesterday. While installing the device I removed the grow light and turned on a 60 watt light bulb which is the orginal closet light while doing the installation. I did this work when the light cycle just turned on and completed in about 30 minutes total. I closed up the closet with a smile on my face, did several bongs from my first closet grow and went about my daily business. I went to check my girls today and found that I had left this 60 watt bulb burning during the dark cycle for a total of 12 hours. Shit, I fucked up again! The closet is mylar lined but the bulb had some visual blockage so the girls didn't see the direct light but they did see some.

My question is; How badly did I fuck up? :bong: :peace:

Well, outdoors, MJ sees the moon in various stages of brightness, and if your "oops" wasn't much brighter than the full moon, in the end, you probably didn't do a thing to her.

If it was brighter, well, ok, maybe she lost some beauty sleep, but I'm sure she'll forgive you if you pamper her and promise not to do it again...

Thanks to all for the responses. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that all goes well. Anyone else out there have any experience with this sort of screwup?:cool: :peace:

Apparently my timer broke and I'm pretty sure, about 4 weeks into flowering, my light had stayed on for about 5 days straight. The plants did revert back into veg mode for a little while, but it resumed flowering without any evidence of a hermie. I slowly shortened the light cycle back to 12 hours to reduce the shock, though.

Just a quick upadte. I had no problems whatsoever. I harvested one of the 4 at 6 1/2 weeks and I'm now drying that one in mycoputer paper drying box. I've added a computer fan running 24/7 to the drying box to try it out. I just place the box lid on at an angle to create a vent slot at the opposite end of the box as the fan. I have also dried some of the bud in a food dryer that runs about 125 degrees for 12 hours and found the resultant bud very good. I'm letting the other three plants go to 8 weeks to see how full the buds get with the extra time. I experienced the same brown-out at about 6 1/2 weeks with most of the fan leaves having yellowed and dropped. The buds from the firs plant I harvested felt nice and heavy and al-in-all this second closet grow resulted in much better bud coverage. I started these on the 12/12 cycle when they were about 12"-15" tall and they about doubled in height at harvest time. I did only one pruning to the top just prior to the 12/12 and that improved the yield. I will try pruning a little more when I do my next crop which will be started from seed about the 23rd of August. Peace to all.

The most important thing is not to interrupt the dark cycle.
If the light stays on for longer the worst thing that can happen is a revert back to veg. Interrupting the dark cycle (any light that comes on during the dark cycle) can turn all your plants into herm's.

Other points:
-Plants grown indoors are different than plants grown outdoors. Outdoor plants are less affected by light (such asd moonlight) during the dark cycle.

-When drying buds, what you want is a slow dry, one that takes 7--10 days.
Slow drying makes the buds smoke milder and taste better. Most growers hang dry in a dark room but I found a better method (bag drying, detailed elsewhere in this forum).
I also HIGHLY recommend a min. 2-week cure. This will turn your pot into true gourmet stuff. And curing your weed increases potency by up to 30%.
Once you try slow dried cured weed you'll never go back to quick-dried uncured harsh hay-tasting weed.

Back
Top Bottom