How can I stop the chlorosis process?

Grower1350

420 Member
I am a first time grower, my seedlings has had rapid growth for the first couple weeks, and is now dormant. I planted her in a clear pot so I could see when she needed to be transferred to a bigger pot. I have recently transferred her, because of the decoloration in her leaves and the abundance of roots which I could then see. She seems to have gotten better, but I can not seem to shake the feeling that I am still doing something wrong. If anyone have any advice for future notice can you please share.

Snapchat-289816729.jpg

Snapchat-667851863.jpg

I am a first time grower, my seedlings has had rapid growth for the first couple weeks, and is now dormant. I planted her in a clear pot so I could see when she needed to be transferred to a bigger pot. I have recently transferred her, because of the decoloration in her leaves and the abundance of roots which I could then see. She seems to have gotten better, but I can not seem to shake the feeling that I am still doing something wrong. If anyone have any advice for future notice can you please share.

Snapchat-289816729.jpg

Snapchat-667851863.jpg
Hey @Grower1350 welcome to 420magazine.
Sorry about your baby.
That looks like a red brick she is growing in. :Namaste: sorry!
What's in your pots?
What nutrients are you feeding her? Ph? Ppm?
Are you letting the pot dry when required?
What's your temp? Rh?
We need some details Amigo , anything you can tell us that might help.
But she is starving, needs nutrients, not eating properly, so in order to figure out why we need the parameters.
Stay safe.
Bill

... my seedlings has had rapid growth for the first couple weeks, and is now dormant.
A plant, when it first sprouts, uses the nutrients stored in the seeds to start growing the root system and the stem and leaf system. There is enough stored nutrients in the leaves to last several days to a couple of weeks. Often the plant stays alive but stops growing after awhile because it has used up what was available and waits till more becomes available.

Those first two leaves that popped up out of the soil, the leaves that were round, are actually the two halves of the seed. They contained the stored nutrients that the plant needs to get established.

It looks like you are trying to grow the seedling in pure coco coir or maybe some coco coir based mix that has no available nutrients. It is really hard to tell. That is why @Bill284 is asking what is in the pots. The group needs to know what mix is actually being used and if any nutrients or fertilizers are being added. One by one other questions will be asked.

Welcome aboard 1350,

Please take a look at this link for a minute….. How to ask for grow support

ditto on what Bill284 and SmokingWings said above. Our crystal ball is in the shop for repairs this week…. please tell us everything about your yellowed out seedling….. The color indicates she is starving to death…..

What kind of grow media? What’s your temp & rh? How often do you feed? How often do you water? What nutes are you using? Do you use cal-Mag? Do you adjust ph? To what value?

media looks like heavy red compacted yard soil - suspect she is dying from lack of oxygen to the root zone.

suggest you have a dirty conversation with the collective here before you pop any more beans, weed roots love oxygen but not exposure to light. A soil mix or even a soilless mixture benefits from added aeration; stuff like perlite, pumice, rice hulls and biochar are your friends in this battle. Think light & fluffy soil as opposed to dense and compacted

This is not an easy crop for new gardeners… circle back and study up - find journals with same media type and / or keep posting right here until we can get you sorted out

Back
Top Bottom