How close is too close

nicebudz

ijust switched over to 12/12 2 days ago.iam using hortilux 1000 watt.what is the minimum distance i can safely lower them to.i just dont want them to start stretching.right now they are 24 inches off the plants.can i go lower or will they burn?

2ft is close for a 100watt bulb but as long as you room temps are stable it should not be a problem

I also think that would be about the limit for a 1000watt any close an you may damage your leaves, make sure you got a fan blowin in between your plants and light too defuse the heat.

thanx man.my buddy told me 18in off of the top of the plants would be ok.im glad i didnt listen to him.lol....right now they are at 28 inches and no signs of burn.and the stretching is minimal.i do have two 16 inch oscillating fans blowing between the lights and the plants.my room holds steady at 78deg....48%rh.thanx for the heads up.do me a favor and check my photo gallery.the pics there are from yesterday.could you give me some feedback on how they look?sure would appreciate it.later

Dean's response was sound. 18-24" is the sweet spot range for a 1k. But as he said your room temp can greatly affect that. If your temps are managable i'd bring it down a lil closer to about 24"
During the last 3 weeks of flower tho, you can actually bring the 1k down to about 12-14 inches, if you see the tops start to bleach then you know you have brought it down too far. This is only during the last 2-3 weeks of flower. Otherwise, i would keep it 18"-24" & + if necessary

YOR - Lighting Resources

are your hoods vented good? can you put your hand under the hood with out it gettin burned/hot? how big is your total space? how much square feet?

No matter what advice you get always monitor closely for a day after lowering lights. The leaves will begin to curl upward under heat stress. Keep your hand under the light at the distance to the canopy and if its uncomfortably warm its too hot for your plants

Back
Top Bottom