How close

Diyandimitrov

I have 32 gavita 1700e any advices how close I should install them next to each others like 12 or 18 inches between them ? Any advices cause the google says they covered 5x5 and the lights by itself its 5x5 that's mean they should have no space between them... my question it's how many inches I should. Leave between each light

If the fixtures are 5'x5' and the coverage is 5'x5', then I would only leave an inch or two between the fixtures. That said, your going to have to have some prety good air movement to keep things cool, because you basically have a"low ceiling", since the lights are almost like a solid roof above the plants. So, air flow below, and air flow above.

So I have like 4 inches between each other that still should be fine

IMG_1305.jpg

I have 32 gavita 1700e any advices how close I should install them next to each others like 12 or 18 inches between them ? Any advices cause the google says they covered 5x5 and the lights by itself its 5x5 that's mean they should have no space between them... my question it's how many inches I should. Leave between each light
Ask the company for a PAR mapping at different heights...

During veg you want to have at least around 500umol/m2/s-1 at 18/6 and in flowering you want to be around 800-1200umol/m2/s-1 at 12/12 without co2, and with c02 supplementation you can go higher than 1200umol/m2/s-1.

The company should be able to provide the PAR mapping which will give you an idea of how the lights spread.

During veg you want to have at least around 500umol/m2/s-1 at 18/6 and in flowering you want to be around 800-1200umol/m2/s-1 at 12/12 without co2, and with c02 supplementation you can go higher than 1200umol/m2/s-1.

The company should be able to provide the PAR mapping which will give you an idea of how the lights spread.
I do have quantum sensor somewhere it's shown the par

How much par I need for clones and seeds ?

So I have like 4 inches between each other that still should be fine

IMG_1305.jpg
I'm surprised Gavita didn't answer this for you.
The endcaps are the dead sides with a large drop there after 3" past the endcap. For your particular set-up, what you have with a 4" gap is nice as it gives the plants a resting zone, not just pounded all the time. On the other hand, it is creating a break in your uniformity. If you want your par to remain even #'s all the way down then you'll want to but the lights up against each other with just a 1/2" space so they're not rubbing. In a situation where the isle is to the left or right of the lights then you want to spin them around so the encaps are facing the isle or wall. Less light loss & way more used this way. Less lights need to be used as well because now you can hang them with a 2' gap between them. If no isles like it appears to not have then they're fine that way. Butting them up almost is your best bet with end-cap sides.

I do have quantum sensor somewhere it's shown the par
Not good unless bar end is adjacent from another bar. Endcaps should be close to butted for uniformity. They do not cover a 5x5 unless you were to flip-flop the lights so overlapping occurs which it does not on the endcap sides. Filp-Flop & you can keep the same grid & cover a 5x5 instead of a 5x4.

How much par I need for clones and seeds ?
I don't have a specific number for clones and seeds, but generally I run my lights 24/0 for clones, so having longer daylight duration lowers the PAR requirement. I would say anywhere from 150 to 350 would be acceptable as Hybridway said.

I personally use a 8w 12" strip for clones in a humidity dome and they do just fine.

If the fixtures are 5'x5' and the coverage is 5'x5', then I would only leave an inch or two between the fixtures. That said, your going to have to have some prety good air movement to keep things cool, because you basically have a"low ceiling", since the lights are almost like a solid roof above the plants. So, air flow below, and air flow above.
That would apply to QB's but bar or strip lights let the air pass like nothing was there practically.

Not good unless bar end is adjacent from another bar. Endcaps should be close to butted for uniformity. They do not cover a 5x5 unless you were to flip-flop the lights so overlapping occurs which it does not on the endcap sides. Filp-Flop & you can keep the same grid & cover a 5x5 instead of a 5x4.

I'm surprised Gavita didn't answer this for you.
The endcaps are the dead sides with a large drop there after 3" past the endcap. For your particular set-up, what you have with a 4" gap is nice as it gives the plants a resting zone, not just pounded all the time. On the other hand, it is creating a break in your uniformity. If you want your par to remain even #'s all the way down then you'll want to but the lights up against each other with just a 1/2" space so they're not rubbing. In a situation where the isle is to the left or right of the lights then you want to spin them around so the encaps are facing the isle or wall. Less light loss & way more used this way. Less lights need to be used as well because now you can hang them with a 2' gap between them. If no isles like it appears to not have then they're fine that way. Butting them up almost is your best bet with end-cap sides.
I feel like God send you here to help me

Lol! NP! Actually An LED Comp. Did! Gotta be real careful what I say but aim to share the truth & help those I can & maybe learn a few things along the way.
Nice to be here!
That it's the spectrum of the top of my cuttings it's I think it's 3 times lower then what it should be but my partners think it's perfect what do you think? The second picture it's the top of my flowering plants it's 12 inches away from my gavitas should I drop them close cause I got 1500 ppfd in 7 inches below the light
Any other options from a different guys? I never gonna buy gavita again I think they are garbage I waiting on 100 830w luxx lithing and will share the spectrum soon I hope they will be more powerful cause gavitas are 670 wats I think

20220213_184653.jpg

20220213_184624.jpg

Back
Top Bottom