How does my plant look? (3 weeks old) first grow

rdizz11

Hey guys this is my current setup.

Pinapple gum, in potting mix. I have used a small amount of Nutrisol liquid nutes 2-3 times on her, 180W LED grow lamp, 2x noctura exhaust fans, a upright fan and currently on a 18/6 light cycle.

She got a little sunburnt I think because my lamp was much lower a few days ago but seems to be recovering slowly now with the light where it is. The room temp is usually between 24c-30c.

Any tips or advice on what I should change? should I trim any of her? just after general tips really.

Thanks guys.
album in the link below
ALbRmNNl.jpg

Not a bad looking baby.
I really have to wonder if you're confusing your sunburn with some other issue. Your led looks to be more than a foot away from your vegging baby. You really want it as close as possible. I run a 400w HID cool tube and it's about 6 inches from my plant tops. You should be able to get your leds MUCH closer to the plant. Lumens drop off SO FAST as distance increases.
Oh... I just noticed.... If that fan thingy heats as well, you REALLY shouldn't have it pointed at the plant. You don't want a 120f degree wind blowing thru your babies. Perhaps that was your source of burning.

Not a bad looking baby.
Oh... I just noticed.... If that fan thingy heats as well, you REALLY shouldn't have it pointed at the plant. You don't want a 120f degree wind blowing thru your babies. Perhaps that was your source of burning.

nah its just on fan mode so the air is room temp coming out of it. The light used to be about 6" away from it and it was quite warm when i put my had near the top of the plant. It was strange because I just woke up one day and it was like that and I had not changed anything. The leaves were much more yellow on the top, even more so on the new small ones. I will give it a few more days and see how it goes.

I also noticed its starting to get the first signs of buds growing, is that normal at this age?

Should I lay off on the nutes for a while?

What Strain is it? pineapple gum ( from dope seeds uk)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? unsure possibly sativa?

How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? vegetative
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 3 weeks
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? potting mix
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 180w led
Is it Air Cooled? yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 27c (80f)
RH of Room/Cabinet? no idea
Any Pests? no 100% clean
How Often are you Watering? once a day sometimes twice lightly
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? nutriso liqud
Size or Square Footage of Room? 1m square base ~1.5m high

What Strain is it? pineapple gum ( from dope seeds uk)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? unsure possibly sativa?

How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? vegetative
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 3 weeks
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? potting mix
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 180w led
Is it Air Cooled? yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 27c (80f)
RH of Room/Cabinet? no idea
Any Pests? no 100% clean
How Often are you Watering? once a day sometimes twice lightly
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? nutriso liqud
Size or Square Footage of Room? 1m square base ~1.5m high

what is the pH of the water you are watering with?
Whats the pH of the run off after watering?
What is the NPK value of the nutriso you are using?
Are you checking pH after mixing the nutriso?
How much are you mixing?
How often are you feeding?
When did you first start feeding?

not sure on the ph of things as I dont have a tester.
Nitrogen Analysis (N)
Phosphorus Analysis (P)
Potassium Analysis (K)
Added Wetting Agent
No
Added Trace Elements
Yes

ive only fed it twice so far with fairly weak mixes. maybe around 5ml per 500ml water

sorry I cant really give you any more info

I first fed it when It was maybe 2weeks and then again when I moved it from its small pot to the big one

I dont have this thing to prevent led burn, can I have some more info on that?

Check out CaliMagic by General Hydroponics.

hmmm.. I can't really find anything online about Nutriso nutes. What is their recommended feeding? 5mL in 500mL doesn't really tell us much, as we don't know how concentrated the formula is.

2 weeks is also a little early for nutes. I would HIGHLY suggest getting a pH testing pen. It is one of the most important things you can have for a successful grow. An inconsistent pH will lead to inconsistent nutrient uptake, and can cause lockouts if not properly adjusted.

the bottle says to use 40ml per 10L

Then your strength is way too high!! 40mL per 10L or 4mL per 1L. You are using 5mL per .5L, so more than double what they suggest, and for seedlings you should start at half strength. So you would want to be using roughly 1mL per 500mL

Back
Top Bottom