how early can u goto 12/12 to determine sex?

you can put your plants under 12/12 as soon as they pop open. they wont get very big. with most plants you can switch over after the 3rd or 4th node of growth.to determine sex.

I agree you can go 12/12 from seed but it will take about 20days to show signs of flowering... Depends on how big you want your plants also... They stretch 1x-2x and even 3x times their size depending on the strain and sativa/indica influence...

You can start seeds under a 12/12 lighting schedule, but the will veg themselves until they are sexually mature. How long that takes will depend on the strain. You can tell when they're mature because the nodes on the new growth will start alternating instead of being symmetrical. Even when grown under 12/12 from seed, indicas will still finish about 3 ft tall. If you search the journals for "no mercy" or "12/12" you'll find plenty of grows to see how big they'll get.

:Namaste:

The 12/12 I did from seed ended up around 18"...i did a run 9 had 1 male the tallest was around 22" but that's my experience...

The 12/12 I did from seed ended up around 18"...i did a run 9 had 1 male the tallest was around 22" but that's my experience...

That's good to know! The only ones I've personally seen stay stay that small were autos but obviously it possible since you've done it. :) I'm curious now what strain that was...espically if they will consistsntly finish under 2 feet. :thumb:

It was just bagseed under about 230w of actual CFL not equivalent I just threw them in there because I ended only having 1 female of my actual grow so I put those in with the flowering female its like the clone sog but I didn't trim anything off so it had some popcorn too

Now that I've vaped, and thought about it...and vaped some more there really are a lot of variables. Several examples that I was thinking of, were under high wattage HPS, some with CO2 enrichment. I definitely wasn't thinking smaller grow... My bad! Thank you for setting me straight! +reps brother HighFlyin! :thumb:

Yea I figured you were talking about better environments then the one I had my 12 12 in lol that's why I felt the need to explain I haven't tried any 12 12 from seed under my 1kw or my 400's as I only use seed to start new mothers now and just clone now I kinda feel like if I take a seed and flower the plant its kinda wasted because from that one little seed I could produce thousands of clones and what seemed like an expensive seed purchase paid off with 1000s of quality clones and years of smoke 4 me thanks for the rep brother vape on

Yea I figured you were talking about better environments then the one I had my 12 12 in lol that's why I felt the need to explain I haven't tried any 12 12 from seed under my 1kw or my 400's as I only use seed to start new mothers now and just clone now I kinda feel like if I take a seed and flower the plant its kinda wasted because from that one little seed I could produce thousands of clones and what seemed like an expensive seed purchase paid off with 1000s of quality clones and years of smoke 4 me thanks for the rep brother vape on

I guess to clone or seed is personal choice, I'm going to do both, I like the idea of getting say one of my fav's white rhino, and order regular seeds so I get a male or two in there, say out of 10 seeds I get 2 males 8 fems, I take one of the fems and pollinate her with the other two males, while catching and saving the pollen to breed with. I should end up with thousands of seeds, at least 100's to cross breed with, that and the pollen, I have read that is the truest way to keep a strain a 100% and the best way to breed new strains, because you can not only use your female to cross with something else, but the male pollen also. I take the other 7 plants and cut clones off of them to increase my total number of plants back to 10 for harvesting if I like....again just how I would like to play, but thats the wonder of this plant, there are many ways to skin this cat....:peace:

Back
Top Bottom