How good is White Widow?

I would grow WW if I had a choice of seeds. Im growing out of bag seed trying to make it as good as if not better than the bag i smoked! IM still a newb but if you can get your paws on a good strain DO IT. you may not grow it now but might in the future when you have a better setup and or experience. Hope it helped a bit

I like it :)

One of my WW buds I smoked tonight..

IMG_2285.JPG

have 6 WW's growing now check out my journal below

does anyone know if white widow is know to thow some seed at about the last 1.5 weeks? i've herd this happens more with widow strian and now experiencing it... :(

Many (most?) strains will in the absence of a male plant to pollinate them produce a few male flowers (which is not "going hermie") in the final stages of flowering if they are truly flowered to completion (I think some strains are listed as finishing before they actually will).

I grew WW close to 10 years ago and it was no exception. It produced a few seeds on its own. They were female. I didn't mind a bit.

thats what i was thinking TS

thanks for the imput guys, puts me at ease a little bit
:peace:

Hightide805- I believe thats a normal thing also. Think about it, i did one day and this is what i thought.
Okay so somehow ever plant in the world dies, except for one lucky ladie. She has to recreate the vast family of MJ we all know today. Well how would she do this, she is sexed as a female but has no pollen.
I belive that if a female plant is in a great environment and is mature enough to produce seeds, she will to get a living seed to grow another plant. Plants are still animals, of some sort. They know if they are polonated or not, how else would they live.
So in theory, if she is mature and all alone, a female MJ plant will grow a male flower in a bud to polonate a single or several pistils to create a living seed.
Because a seed isnt a seed until its been polonated.
Once teh seed is polonated, it matures and as teh plant nears the end of its life she drops the seed. Giving MJ another chance to give someone a wonderful day.

Okay let me know what ya think about my ramble.. Make any sense? Yes or no? lol

ya makes sence man, i was thinking the same thing, i think WW does it more than other strains

i just don't want any seeds hahah all budz

i love me the females :cheesygrinsmiley:

Think it's one of the few strains that everyone takes to the finish before they harvest.

From looking at seedbank descriptions I get the feeling that a lot of their flowering times are low.

Yes i have noticed that too TourturedSoul. I wonder if this crazy seed prodution is a know fact by some of the seed companies so they post their times low in order to have a better BUD harvest with minimal seeds.
Or im too high and like to ramble....

I think it's more a case of "that OTHER seedbank advertises lower flowering times, we should too," combined with a little bit of the fact that some strains - ones with more than a little sativa in the mix - are going to take longer than many people would willingly put up with.

Also, shorter than optimum flowering periods will affect the type/affect/length/strength/etc. of the buzz. I don't know if it is a case of any banks/breeders having two strains with VERY similar buzzes so they market one as a short-period and one as a long-period so that folks will perceive them as being different or not.

Maybe I'm cynical. GM has been known to slap a few very minor cosmetic details on the same vehicle and market it to two (or more) markedly different demographics.

....it wasnt that great.....now either i've smoked a shitload of weed latley (i've been smoking for 4 months now)

are you smoking a variety? your body builds up a tolorence to the strian.. not just 'weed'

4 months is not long at all.. (a blink of an eye to some )

Back
Top Bottom