How I got quick seed propagation 100% success rate

Perfect Sun LED

First a little info.

1. Seed Strain: Father: Black Domina (outside grow) -- Mother Pinapple Punch (inside grow) Seeds were from Amsterdamn.

2. 12 seeds 100% success rate. Seeds were very new. Bother in law had just finished harvesting, and let seeds turn dark.

3. 2 days later, first seedling popped out of rockwool. A day later, she (hopes) had her first set of real leaves.

4. 3 days later most of the others popped out of rockwool, then 4 days later they were all out. By the third day, the first one to pop out was already as tall as two stacked rockwool cubes.

5. By day 5, roots were popping out the bottom of the cubes, so I had to stack them on top of another moist cube.

So here is what I did. I used small rockwool cubes. I made a homemade humidity dome, using a Walmart, clear tote. I drilled holes on the top. I also propped up the bottom to allow lots of air. I kept humidity at 50-60, not super high as a lot of people claim works best. I kept tempt to about 72f.

Here is a pic.

I chose seeds that were dark and that did not break when I gave them a little squeeze. Not too hard, though.

First I soaked the rockwool cubes in tap water ph'ed to 5.8. That's it. I soaked for just a few minutes, then dropped the seeds in the holes about the length of the seeds' height. I placed half sideways, and half with the tip pointed down. (sideways seeds sprouted first) I did not presoak the seeds. They went straight into the rockwool.

After the cubes started to dry, I watered them until they were very wet. I watered them NOT with the Ph'ed balanced water as before, but with Ph'ed balanced water (5.8) and added a little General Hydropinics, Rapid Start 1-.05-1

I literally added 3 drops to a gallon of water. That's it.

I kept watering them with this water, but only after the cubes were about 50% dry, really light to pick up. I always Ph'ed the water to 5.8 before watering, if the Ph had dropped.

That's it.

They are now exactly 7 days old in that pic. The same age as the first pic I took. Sorry, I didn't take pictures as they were growing.

I just read how you cannot host your own images. I can no longer edit my first post, so here are the images upload to the gallery instead.

pot23.jpg

pot18.jpg

Nearly a year on since you first started this thread and I'm finding it VERY useful as I'm about to start my first grow. :) Many thanks :)

Hi Col.....I was mate but, as is often here in Gestapo land, my mates door flew off it's hinges and he lost everything. Including ALL his grow gear :( VERY sad mate. So, I've got 10 little Fem'd Pyramid Tuts (same as LAs :) ) enroute. As I guy who can kill a plastic plant, it's fair to say I'm sheeeeeeeting myself lol

Cheers dude. I'll be getting my journal up and running once I know what I've got going on "sprout" wise. Please feel free to follow along my mate :) Peace and greeness to you bro :) :peace:

Back
Top Bottom