Doopie's Coco LED & CFL - Blue Mystic - 1st Time - Grow

So for my next watering, which I think will be the day after tomorrow (the first 1.5 inch were already dry now), I still shouldn't use any nutes for 1-3?
1 & 3 got less than 1/4 nutes more than 1 week ago. 2 hasn't gotten any nutes at all.
1 is then 25 days old, 2 & 3 are 22 days old.

2013-08-07_22_16_49-2.jpg

What do you guys think?

seedling do not require many nutrients. more people burn or kill their plants with nutrients when they begin growing then just letting the plant establish itself then begin with nutrients. different seeds grow with different vigour so it is hard to establish a nutrient schedule around age.

So the only thing that worries me a bit about the slow growth is plant 5. It got planted later, when I already knew not to overwater and I made sure to not keep it too moist. Also, it only suffered the high temperatures for a day or so, because then I already got the thermometer and started controlling the temps.

Yet it grows very slow, almost not all. I'm starting to have another suspicion: maybe it's the lights?

Where I live (not the US), there aren't many growshops (there are in fact only 3-4 different companies with a few branches). The store I bought from had only one LED model, no-name, not even specs written on it. So yea, I kinda had to trust them (they were knowledgeable and pretty honest with a lot of other things though).

During the day I moved the plants outside my window now, to see if they'll grow quicker. Is it advisable to move plants from indoor to outdoor and back indoor again, when the sun sets?

Could always buy a light meter, but a good one is rather expensive.

Any model number/serial number or anything else on a sticker on light? If so maybe google that to see if it any good. do you have any idea on specs of light? Wattage of each diode? # of diodes? spectrum?

And I moved my plants outdoor during the day till i switched them to flower and under T5s at night, no ill effects. Now they are just using my new LED to flower. Just a pain in the butt. I have heard of plants getting light burn if only used to indoor light and put in direct sunlight, but I never had a problem with it.

Your LED looks very similar to mine. There are some picks on pg 2 of my Supercloset journal. I don't know what wattage yous are 1w or 3w, and i don't know what spectrum, but you should have a decent spectrum coverage with white/red/blue LED's in your light. I agree with crawdaddy's post, look for a serial number or something and google it, see what comes up.

:rollit:

Could always buy a light meter, but a good one is rather expensive.
Ordered one of these
3in1-moisture-ph-light-meter-for-hydroponic.jpg

It's a cheap one, but let's see what it will say...
Any model number/serial number or anything else on a sticker on light? If so maybe google that to see if it any good. do you have any idea on specs of light? Wattage of each diode? # of diodes? spectrum?

According to the store it is 108W and 3 Watt diodes with full spectrum. There is nothing on the LED. Really, no sticker or anything. So yea no way for me to check...

And I moved my plants outdoor during the day till i switched them to flower and under T5s at night, no ill effects. Now they are just using my new LED to flower. Just a pain in the butt. I have heard of plants getting light burn if only used to indoor light and put in direct sunlight, but I never had a problem with it.

So I think Ill start doing the same. It's actually also a nice way to safe a bit on electricity :) And it keeps me busy, doing something for the plants ;)

So this is kinda embarrassing, but yesterday I took the "Coco perlite mix" bag out of the bag of the store (I kept it in there, because it got pretty messy) and it actually says Coco Soil Mix!

Major fuck up by the hydroshop I bought from, because I had told them several times that I wanted a coco/perlite mix.

I tried reading up on the difference and it seems like I actually have to treat like soil. Meaning I have to keep the PH at 6.5. What do you guys think?

I'll also call up the shop and see what they have to say...

Well if its a soil mix then yes your ph is off a bit and that could explain the discoloring, and the nodes are close due to it being mostly indica. Good luck Doop, hope all turns out well for ya.

So this is kinda embarrassing, but yesterday I took the "Coco perlite mix" bag out of the bag of the store (I kept it in there, because it got pretty messy) and it actually says Coco Soil Mix!

Major fuck up by the hydroshop I bought from, because I had told them several times that I wanted a coco/perlite mix.

I tried reading up on the difference and it seems like I actually have to treat like soil. Meaning I have to keep the PH at 6.5. What do you guys think?

I'll also call up the shop and see what they have to say...

I just use aerated tap water in my soil. No problems as of yet.

Back
Top Bottom