How many nodes above screen?

Tim1990

420 Member
i am yet to find an accurate answer on a forum for this so ill post to ask..

i am growing 2 outdoor plants in large pots and have super cropped them to a 90 degree bend and topped to make 2 main stems on each plant that i am going to be lsting/tieing down around the rim of the pot running opposite sides to meet back in the middle to keep the canopy the same height to make a make shift scrog i guess you would say.. lower leaves have been alrdy trimmed off.
there is a bit of strecth goin on due to where the sun light comes over to the plants, (stretching has slowed due to finally reaching sun light). Im thinking of forcing early flower on 1 plant so i dont have to much smell coming from my yard because its illegal to grow in australia.

So what is the ideal amount of nodes to have above the rim of the pot (where screen would normally be) to maximize yield without having pop cornies? remembering that the sun moves from one side of the plant to the other. The pot is roughly 45-50cm in diameter so there should be a less veg patch in the middle of the pot for sunlight to get to the lowerish/middle part of the canopy.

Hi and welcome to the community bro.
Ausie here too.

So you have a tent to flower your plant in or how you plan to force flower?

Post some pics of the plant you want to scrog bro. It depends on the plant and how you have trained it imo. No set rules tho

IMG_057661.JPG

View image in gallery

I plan to tie down the middle plant getting closer to flowering. Am growing in a greenhouse atm n will move 1 plant into a darker outdoor games room with blinds i have.

Sweet. Just a bit of info bro. You said darker games room. For a plant to flower it needs uninterrupted bitch black.
They still got a long time before they start to stink

Sweet. Just a bit of info bro. You said darker games room. For a plant to flower it needs uninterrupted bitch black.
They still got a long time before they start to stink

Yeah, thinking month or two in advance from now. Mmm alright might have to drag it into my ensuite n blacken out the windows fully then to be sure. Pain in the ass draggin it thru my house each night but worth it i guess haha. Thanks for the info

Have a look at a grow tent and get a little light and grow all year round bro. Much quicker turn around too. I'm not talking for dealing. Just personal use. Grow small quick plants. Just a thought. But it's hard to bring it in at night. Needs to happen at the same time every night and out in the morning at the same time for months.

My suggestion would be to get an indoor grow setup. Or leave it to do as nature intended outside. I've got indoor and outdoor going at the moment. Heaps of help on here bro.

Yeah a small grow tent n light set up sounds like the way to go for future thats for sure. Mmm, sound like a lot of work. Might just let them do theyre thing haha

Yeah it gets old real quick. If you need any advice about anything, there will be someone that can help ya. Have a look at some of the guys and girls grow setups. It's fucking incredible what these people are doing.

Back
Top Bottom