How many plants

Hebrewdiver

Greetings fellow farmers, I just got a 4x4x80” tent. How many plants do you think I can grow in this tent in 3 gallon fabric pots under 2 2000watt led actual 205w from each light. I got 4 seeds germinating now 2 Bruce Banner, 1 stardawg, and 1 sweet tooth hoping to maximize grow.

How many plants do you think I can grow in this tent in 3 gallon fabric pots
The usual recommendation is 4 square feet per plant or 2X2. So 4 plants in your tent as far as floor space.

I will veg them to 18 inches in soil
It is not just the height because your 18 inch plant could have a single stem and look like a pencil with a huge eraser (the stack of buds) at the end, or it could be 18 inches tall and have an 18 inch wide canopy. An 18 inch canopy can be wider than many 3 gallon pots.

I try to keep the canopies from pushing on or into each other. Some space between them allows for better ventilation and light penetration on the sides of the plant, helps slow down any insect population or Powdery Mildew from spreading fast by jumping from plant to plant before I can see that there is a problem, and it just makes it easier to turn the pots around for watering, inspection or any spraying, pruning or other chores.

under 2 2000watt led actual 205w from each light.
The recommendation from the lighting people here on this message board is to try for a minimum of 35 watt per square foot of the lights' combined footprint. You will be a bit short if your plants are taking up the entire 16 square feet. You could make up for some of it by keeping the canopies a bit smaller and move the pots a bit closer. Also experiment with lowering the lights or raising the plants and shortening the distance between the canopies and the lights. That can take several grow sessions to get it right.

Greetings fellow farmers, I just got a 4x4x80” tent. How many plants do you think I can grow in this tent in 3 gallon fabric pots under 2 2000watt led actual 205w from each light. I got 4 seeds germinating now 2 Bruce Banner, 1 stardawg, and 1 sweet tooth hoping to maximize grow.
many veg for 4-6 mos and figure a plant need 2.5ft per plant (textbook info)

Are your seeds auto flower or photo’s?

Back
Top Bottom