How much clearance for Window AC?

ConstantGreen

I want to build a sealed 8x8 foot room with 3 tents and a window AC. But the tents would almost completely cover the window, there would only be a few inches gap between the face of the AC and the tent wall. Would this limit the AC's ability to cool the 8x8 room?

example diagram:

tent_ac.jpg

I would have a fan recirculating the air in the room and through the tents. Would that be enough to mix the cool air from the AC even with it partially blocked?

Why are you blocking the AC in the first place?

What i would do is gets some 6 inch duct bendable tubing and makeshift it to be infront of the AC and then take other end of the tubing and put it into the tent.

Why are you blocking the AC in the first place?

What i would do is gets some 6 inch duct bendable tubing and makeshift it to be infront of the AC and then take other end of the tubing and put it into the tent.

Because to maximize the 8x8' room I need to have two 4x4 flowering tents and one veg tent. No matter how I configure the tents they're blocking both windows. I could downsize the tents to 3x3's and clear the window, but then I wouldn't even be using enough electricity to justify an AC.

ducting from a window AC sounds pretty ghetto. They make those portable AC's with ducts - I could use one of those, but I read they're so much more inefficient.

Back
Top Bottom