How Much was Your Intial Grow Setup Invested-Poll

How Much did U spend on Your 1st/Initial Grow Setup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BWC BayArea

Member of the Month: 3rd Place Winner
I recently went over my budget files for the past couple years I tabulated the cost thus far for my set up. I began with an initial investment of $1000.00 USD. Began with a 4x4 tent, a 600W ballast, 6" aircooled hood, Hortilux Eye Super HPS lamp, an inline fan (8") 479 cfm, ducting, Cutting Edge Nutrients (3 part micro,grow, bloom), Odorsok carbon filter, plant labels/stakes, 3 and 5 gal plastic pots/saucers, and a few bags of $10 potting soil recommended by the sales rep.. As the cycles went on I kept adding things and now I'm like $3000.00 USD invested. I will display most of this in a pic my next journal. Now I'd like to hear from u about ur initial investment and what u've added since. Pics would be nice. So let's hear it, vote on this poll.

Its geen so long. I started over 15 years ago with an investment of $100.00's. Yes just a hundred. Got the lamp from my mentor. the system was an easy set up. Soil pots saucers, fans nutes(G.H- the entire line) Tables, water, mylar, duct tape..THE BASICS, since then I've bought and rebought products and fans its gotta be up in the tens of thousands of dollars phase at this point.

initially i spent around $100 on all of my supplies. I have had one harvest, and a second set of plants on the way. I haven't added much just yet, but will be dropping a few hundred before the end of the year on some quality lighting

That's odd, no one spent between $151 and $350? If u did do a poor man's grow or setup for under like $200 please describe ur set up/components. I think this would be helpful to members that are on a budget in the tough economic times. Looks as if most people (thus far according to the poll) are just diving in head first, maybe this is due to our poor economy (U.S.). Interesting.

I am now running a turbo flo with led's and cfl's with my lights turbo flo water pump air pump and some other stuff im a little over $1000 usd but im still adding to it.

This is my first grow. Total investment including project electricity usage is $2k. Lights, tent, soil, nutes, fans, seeds, everything. I did buy way too much soil so that will apply to the next grow. I figure if I can net at least 8oz of finished goods I will break even based on what I pay for an oz now. Of course I should net much better (at least I hope so).

$250 - 600 HPS & Hood
$220 - 3.5 Light Rail
$200 - R/O filter
$150 - 4" inline fan and Carbon filter
$100 - DIY DWC
$50 - Dutch Masters Gold

It looks like u started out knowing what u were doing OBX,lol. Damn. What did u use for ur grow room? With the mover I think its safe to assume it wasn't a closet. The reason I'm asking what the set ups consist of is because every other day a new member comes on and wants help desiging a set up. All they have is the money and a place to grow. Other than that, some of them know nothing about growing. I thought this would be a useful resource. Thanks to all of ur contributions to this thread.

It looks like u started out knowing what u were doing OBX,lol. Damn. What did u use for ur grow room? With the mover I think its safe to assume it wasn't a closet. The reason I'm asking what the set ups consist of is because every other day a new member comes on and wants help desiging a set up. All they have is the money and a place to grow. Other than that, some of them know nothing about growing. I thought this would be a useful resource. Thanks to all of ur contributions to this thread.

Well, that's more the setup I arrived at once I got serious. I wasted a bit of time with cfls. Actually, I do set up a closet wherever I grow - I find even 3' of movement is better than none on the light mover.

If I had it to do over, I'd get a bigger carbon filter and fan and use a fan controller to slow it down to reduce the noise.

This should be in another form so ppl get to describe there setup and price it would be a great learning experience for them.

I am currently in 120$. DIY 3X3X6 tent with 4 80W ballasts. Its great because i don't need to do excessive trimming to keep the lower buds in the light. I will be adding to this doller amount thou because i need to add ventilation.

Learned alot through the years and just keep upgrading due to technology. This time around I upgraded with the following.

Magnum XXXL hoods
Hydrogen Co2 generator
SENTINEL CHHC-1

Total: $1350

Again this was upgrading previous equipment. Still costly! Just like with any hobby or just the general rule when purchasing. You get what you pay for.

I spent about $250.

Lights: Homemade 12 light CFL setup - about $110

1 Oscillating fan - about $10

Soil & Nutes: about $30

Cabinet: Homemade - about $100

Seeds - free (bagseed)

I would guess the wifey and I spent approximately 12-1300 so far, still need a couple exhaust fans and the 180 led....so about 2 grand after all is said and done....will post up pics shortly (when i learn how) :hmmmm:
Jawa

Learned alot through the years and just keep upgrading due to technology. This time around I upgraded with the following.

Magnum XXXL hoods
Hydrogen Co2 generator
SENTINEL CHHC-1

Total: $1350

Again this was upgrading previous equipment. Still costly! Just like with any hobby or just the general rule when purchasing. You get what you pay for.

I apologize if this looks like i'm 'jackin the thread, but I did have a question about the HydroGen. How has it worked for you? Heard they were havin some problems, but I am interested in this product.

This is an older thread, but with all of the advancements in our field I'd still like to know how much is being spent? I restarted with new equipment recently and spent around $550-$650 all together. Got some cool deals. Check post #3 in this link to see some of what I bought for the current setup: My 1st Hybrid Delimma . Tell us how much u invested and what u have. Really interested to hear from u LED freaks. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom