How much water to flush with?

The123321

I have 2 plants in 70 30 coco perlite in 3 gallon fabric pots. I am having some problems with the plants that may be ph or nutrients and I think it may help to flush the plants. I tried putting 2 gallons of water through each of the 2 plants last week but it looks like that may not have fixed the problems. How much water would you put through each plant and would you include calmag in it? I use tap water and usually put in between 2-5 ml/gallon of calmag with the water on there. If you flush with no calmag in the water would that remove the buffer on the coco on there?

Flushing coco with plain water will cause more problems than it solves. Just water/feed with a proper mix to runoff. That’s all you need to do with coco.

Flushing coco with plain water will cause more problems than it solves. Just water/feed with a proper mix to runoff. That’s all you need to do with coco.
I think this one is using dry nutes in coco.

Thanks. The ph of the water is like 5.8-6.2. I usually water around 1/4 - 1/3 gallon of water per day to each plant. This thread is not about why the plants are having problems or about dry amendments in coco. I would like the recommendation on how much water you recommend to flush with and if you recommend putting calmag in the water like 2.5 ml/gallon on there.

Thanks. The ph of the water is like 5.8-6.2. I usually water around 1/4 - 1/3 gallon of water per day to each plant. This thread is not about why the plants are having problems or about dry amendments in coco. I would like the recommendation on how much water you recommend to flush with and if you recommend putting calmag in the water like 2.5 ml/gallon on there.
3x the container amount, feed directly afterwards.

I’ve never seen anyone do that before.
A bunch of us have gone over this before a couple of times now. Waste of time... not going to be worth the trouble... they’re just hell bent on making it work.

Well I wish him luck with it.
Em and I tried to explain how microbes won’t have a chance to break any of the raw ingredients in coco.
Im sure it can grow, just not a very efficient way.

Ive used the non soluble Flower Girl in my compost teas, and to amend my soil before, but now I use Down to Earth products instead.

Back
Top Bottom