How often should i change the water in my res

joan

hey i was wondering if its better to change the water in my res once every week or once every 2 weeks!!! can anyone please tell me whats the best way out of the two and the reason why you think it should be done once a week or every 2 weeks as im kinda new to this and in not shore which way is more beneficial, thanks guys for your input :eek:)

hey guys thanks for the info!!! i use to change my res once every 2 weeks but i think il do it every 7 days now!!!!! could you please tell me why its beneficial to do it in the time frame that your telling me and why i shouldnt leave it longer than that, is it because the water goes stail and it turns out to be no good for the plants by laking in nuts or something by the time it reaches 2 weeks or can it corse disease and some deficiecies if left for 2 weeks before you change the res!!!!! thanks oldman60 and bongwaterbob for all your help :eek:)

I'd say the res change can depend on which type of system you're using. I'd say a recirculating system should be changed more often then an individual DWC for example.

I stick with once per week, it's to help prevent anything negative from happening to your water and roots. Granted if your water temp is good and you have great airation you should be fine, better to be safe then sorry.

hey guys thanks for the valuable infomation!!! i will take on board what you have said and im really greatful for you guys getting back to me with your messages :eek:) thanks once again!!!!

Back
Top Bottom