How To: 10oz per plant perpetual indoors

Just read thru your style. I'm using flood tables to top feed and recirculate. I want to stick 6 plants on it. So 6 per light. How long would u suggest I veg for and what size pots should I be flowering in should my final transplant be into airports?

Just read thru your style. I'm using flood tables to top feed and recirculate. I want to stick 6 plants on it. So 6 per light. How long would u suggest I veg for and what size pots should I be flowering in should my final transplant be into airports?

6 per light is a lot. I would do 4 max. But if you want to do 6, I would start flower when they are about 12" tall. For 6 plants I would do 2-3 gal containers. For 4 plants, I would do 3.5 gal. This might give you an idea:

One more thing to add... the above method is truly a great way to do it. It's simple, efficient, and you will get a massive yield. Under a 600WHPS you will be able to get 1.25 - 1.5 lbs, no problem. s1ingblade has got 2 lbs in the same set up, but he it under a 1K light and his scrog was 5 x 5.

One more thing to add... the above method is truly a great way to do it. It's simple, efficient, and you will get a massive yield. Under a 600WHPS you will be able to get 1.25 - 1.5 lbs, no problem. s1ingblade has got 2 lbs in the same set up, but he it under a 1K light and his scrog was 5 x 5.

Right on. The only reason why I said 6 per is because I got 8 flower lights and I want to use my full 72 plants. I am going to transplant root shooters into 1/2 or gallon pots (whatever I think is best) then I'll transplant those into my 2-3 gal pots.. When should I make my final transplant? Right before flower? Week or two before?

Right on. The only reason why I said 6 per is because I got 8 flower lights and I want to use my full 72 plants. I am going to transplant root shooters into 1/2 or gallon pots (whatever I think is best) then I'll transplant those into my 2-3 gal pots.. When should I make my final transplant? Right before flower? Week or two before?

Sounds good but I would suggest to save yourself some plant counts in case you want to take extra clones, or start some new seeds, whatever.

Transplanting... use your own judgement but I always transplant up a size right when I got to 12/12, and then let it go the two months in that pot.

I was doing 2x a day in flower, in Hydroton/bigmama cubes once as lights kicked on and 8 hrs later, I wasnt happy, a friend suggested to kick it up, and so now my pumps water every 3 hrs during flower, and they blew up

the downside is, I have to refill rez A LOT more and had to toss a 2nd dehumidifier in the room

fwiw, I took everything I learned from this theard, and modified a bit to fit my set up, put 4 plants per 4x4 table, topped along the way, and get 2.25 lbs from 4 plants under 1 1000 watt bulb avg 10 oz per plant

I dont use pots or buckets, my tables are my buckets and the plants grow freely whereever they like

DD, I am also using big mama blocks. I am setting them on my 4x4 tables as well. I am going to do 4 per table. How long are you vegging them for? You say you are watering ever 3 hours. Are you getting them saturated or just wet?

I was doing 2x a day in flower, in Hydroton/bigmama cubes once as lights kicked on and 8 hrs later, I wasnt happy, a friend suggested to kick it up, and so now my pumps water every 3 hrs during flower, and they blew up

the downside is, I have to refill rez A LOT more and had to toss a 2nd dehumidifier in the room

fwiw, I took everything I learned from this theard, and modified a bit to fit my set up, put 4 plants per 4x4 table, topped along the way, and get 2.25 lbs from 4 plants under 1 1000 watt bulb avg 10 oz per plant

I dont use pots or buckets, my tables are my buckets and the plants grow freely whereever they like

I just re-read this. You're getting 10oz out of big mama blocks? Must see pictures, or it doesn't exist.

Wow Capn, I'm amazed by your thread. I'm sorry I'm a little late but this has been like a bible for me and am just in the process of getting started up. I'm going to go with the in bucket ebb an flow method. Maybe in the future I will look into top feed or something but for now in going to run two buckets from one res on veg room and 2 buckets in flower room from the same res.
So from Tasmania, Australia. I thank you!!!!
P.s first post!!

Wow Capn, I'm amazed by your thread. I'm sorry I'm a little late but this has been like a bible for me and am just in the process of getting started up. I'm going to go with the in bucket ebb an flow method. Maybe in the future I will look into top feed or something but for now in going to run two buckets from one res on veg room and 2 buckets in flower room from the same res.
So from Tasmania, Australia. I thank you!!!!
P.s first post!!

Welcome. And have fun with the ebb and flow buckets. They rock! I do like top feed a little better but either method will really produce some chongers.

Welcome. And have fun with the ebb and flow buckets. They rock! I do like top feed a little better but either method will really produce some chongers.

right on capn thats how im going about it. So in coco, do you want to water until you get around 5-10% run off? Also do you wait to water until your coco is significantly lighter or do you try and get it wet when its lost a little bit of water? About to run a few pots with 25perlite75coco

right on capn thats how im going about it. So in coco, do you want to water until you get around 5-10% run off? Also do you wait to water until your coco is significantly lighter or do you try and get it wet when its lost a little bit of water? About to run a few pots with 25perlite75coco

Dank,

The object of the game is to flood your root zone as often as possible, without drowning roots of oxygen. This is why rockwool grow-cubes are the ideal growing media. There is a ton of space in the root zone for oxygen, and it is near impossible to over water. If you want to use COCO, that's fine, just make sure the pot feels significantly lighter before irrigating again. The more run off you have, the better. This ensures there is no build up of nutrients in the root zone, and your PH and PPM are more stable.

Dank,

The object of the game is to flood your root zone as often as possible, without drowning roots of oxygen. This is why rockwool grow-cubes are the ideal growing media. There is a ton of space in the root zone for oxygen, and it is near impossible to over water. If you want to use COCO, that's fine, just make sure the pot feels significantly lighter before irrigating again. The more run off you have, the better. This ensures there is no build up of nutrients in the root zone, and your PH and PPM are more stable.

Ahh capn that makes perfect sense. The medium is only going to hold a certain amount of liquid/nutrients. I always wondered about how much run off to have. It seems to me that excess run off is probably better than no run off? I have been growing in rockwool for about 7 months. Have finished two runs. I can not dial it in though. My roots never explode like I see in other peoples posts. Maybe I am over watering, maybe I am not watering enough. I noticed best results when I let my rockwool get close to bone dry and then watered slowly until I noticed a bit of run off. The roots went searching for water and filled out my cubes a little better. I am going to try a side by side with coco just because of the results I have been seeing with rockwool. I would love to check out someones garden that has perfected rockwool. It is very easy to deal with and a great medium. I just havent been able to dial it in. Any tips/pointers that you have for early veg, late veg, early flower, late flower, I would really appreciate. I think one of my problems too is that I would transplant my root riots into 6inch hugos, and then transplant those into 3-5gallon pots before they became root bound.

Ahh capn that makes perfect sense. The medium is only going to hold a certain amount of liquid/nutrients. I always wondered about how much run off to have. It seems to me that excess run off is probably better than no run off? I have been growing in rockwool for about 7 months. Have finished two runs. I can not dial it in though. My roots never explode like I see in other peoples posts. Maybe I am over watering, maybe I am not watering enough. I noticed best results when I let my rockwool get close to bone dry and then watered slowly until I noticed a bit of run off. The roots went searching for water and filled out my cubes a little better. I am going to try a side by side with coco just because of the results I have been seeing with rockwool. I would love to check out someones garden that has perfected rockwool. It is very easy to deal with and a great medium. I just havent been able to dial it in. Any tips/pointers that you have for early veg, late veg, early flower, late flower, I would really appreciate. I think one of my problems too is that I would transplant my root riots into 6inch hugos, and then transplant those into 3-5gallon pots before they became root bound.

>>>excess run off is probably better than no run off

For sure. The more the better, although you are wasting nutrients.

>>>My roots never explode like I see in other peoples posts.

Use the heisenberg tea, and they will.

>>>Maybe I am over watering, maybe I am not watering enough. I noticed best results when I let my rockwool get close to bone dry and then watered slowly until I noticed a bit of run off

You are probably not watering enough. Don't let rockwool get bone dry.

>>>I am going to try a side by side with coco

Rockwill will kick coco's ass. PM me and I'll help you every step of the way. Have you read all my blog posts?

>>>I would love to check out someones garden that has perfected rockwool

No, you haven't checked out my blogs :)

>>>I just havent been able to dial it in

You don't have to "dial in" rockwool. Flood it daily with nutrients.

>>>Any tips/pointers that you have for early veg, late veg, early flower, late flower, I would really appreciate

Read my entire blog. Then go to the Q&A to ask questions.

Hi Capn

Thanks for this informative post. You make me feel like even I may be able to do it !! .....soon anyways and on a smaller scale. I'd need to buy some stuff and my tent is only 3.5 x 3.5, so I wont be able to do a perpetual cycle but nonetheless I think this is the way for me.

P.S. been checking out some of your other posts and must say I'm a fan. You know your shit. Good luck on your contest, I'm ROOTin for ya!! :thanks:

Hi Capn

Thanks for this informative post. You make me feel like even I may be able to do it !! .....soon anyways and on a smaller scale. I'd need to buy some stuff and my tent is only 3.5 x 3.5, so I wont be able to do a perpetual cycle but nonetheless I think this is the way for me.

P.S. been checking out some of your other posts and must say I'm a fan. You know your shit. Good luck on your contest, I'm ROOTin for ya!! :thanks:

Welcome Budz. Glad to have you here.

I wrote this post a long time ago, but it's still a great technique. For a 3.5 x 3.5 tent, you should be able to get 10 zips no problem. Check out my blog for more info.

Hey capn, just wanted to pop in and thank you.

This post not only convinced me to try ebb and flow, but hydro in general. You posted a great guide and I have directed everyone I know that has questions to your posts.

I built 2 flood trays for veg, but I had to throw some money down for a premade bucket system because of height limitations. (Couldn't fit my res under my buckets) But I vegged for ~6 weeks and they are in their first week of flower.

Again, thank you capn!

Hey capn, just wanted to pop in and thank you.

This post not only convinced me to try ebb and flow, but hydro in general. You posted a great guide and I have directed everyone I know that has questions to your posts.

I built 2 flood trays for veg, but I had to throw some money down for a premade bucket system because of height limitations. (Couldn't fit my res under my buckets) But I vegged for ~6 weeks and they are in their first week of flower.

Again, thank you capn!

You're welcome and glad to hear you are enjoying it. After I wrote this article, I switched to top feed. For your next run, it would be an easy switch for you. Check out my blog and look for "How to Capn Style". The top feed system is just as affective as flood and drain, but with top feed, you can use a lesser volume of water.

Back
Top Bottom