How to find the right balance of nutrients?

greenesthash

how can i find the right balance of nutrients when i'm using many homemade ones?

i'm using potassium made from banana peels

calmag and phosphorus from eggs and vinegar

and a 15-9-15 fertilizer

so i don't know how much i should use of each. if i slowly increment all of them, how can i know which could be causing nutrient burn? or which i need to add more of?

Hey Green,

Welcome to the forums at 420.

Short answer = yes It can be done.

Long answer = there’s a lot of wrangling and pages full of posts to read and more questions to ask etc, etc.

Life would be much easier for you to jump on the bandwagon with a one shot and done approach like megacrop or there’s a new (I think it’s a one part) nutrient line by Geo Flora, or you could use a 3 part bottled nutrient like FF and add a cal-mag product to that.

What you have is lawn and garden variety fertilizer, but your crop is not a lawn... nor is it a garden. These plants need NPK a certain way to veg but a whole different way to flower. But these plants need more than just NPK so now your fertilizer has to be modified anyway plus there’s still no calcium or magnesium In it.

Here’s a thread with similar questions, 8 pages later and they are still dicking around. Maybe look at our sponsors and consider one of their products? Here’s that link >>> Why do we use pot fertilizer?

Hey Green,

Welcome to the forums at 420.

Short answer = yes It can be done.

Long answer = there’s a lot of wrangling and pages full of posts to read and more questions to ask etc, etc.

Life would be much easier for you to jump on the bandwagon with a one shot and done approach like megacrop or there’s a new (I think it’s a one part) nutrient line by Geo Flora, or you could use a 3 part bottled nutrient like FF and add a cal-mag product to that.

What you have is lawn and garden variety fertilizer, but your crop is not a lawn... nor is it a garden. These plants need NPK a certain way to veg but a whole different way to flower. But these plants need more than just NPK so now your fertilizer has to be modified anyway plus there’s still no calcium or magnesium In it.

Here’s a thread with similar questions, 8 pages later and they are still dicking around. Maybe look at our sponsors and consider one of their products? Here’s that link >>> Why do we use pot fertilizer?
well what's the issue with there being no calcium magnesium? that's why i made it from egg shells

mega crop won't be available at least until October in Europe, so that's all i'm working with

make some dandelion extract too... the link is in my tutorials. You can get by on homemade natural nutes... I have done it, and I know it works.

The problem is that before you can effectively go on your own like this, you really need to see the plant grow a few times so you can recognize the various problems that can occur, and then learn what to do to deal with them. You will learn what a burned plant looks like, vs one that is starving for potassium... the symptoms are similar enough to confuse lots of new growers. You will need to learn to water properly, because watering issues can look just like nutritional problems. If someone told you that growing weed was easy, they lied. It is not.

There are lots of good simple nutes out there too. See if you can get hold of Jack's classic there where you are at. Europe is not a wasteland, and there are many alternatives open to you if you look around. You just need to pick a good nutrient line that doesn't require a lot of money, like the Geoflora I am using now, or you need to get a soil that has everything in it. There are many ways to do this, but you really need to follow an established nutrient program, at least once, so you can see what the plants are supposed to look like, and then you may be able to strike out on your own and able to read your plants.

Good luck however you go... we are all pulling for you!!

make some dandelion extract too... the link is in my tutorials. You can get by on homemade natural nutes... I have done it, and I know it works.

The problem is that before you can effectively go on your own like this, you really need to see the plant grow a few times so you can recognize the various problems that can occur, and then learn what to do to deal with them. You will learn what a burned plant looks like, vs one that is starving for potassium... the symptoms are similar enough to confuse lots of new growers. You will need to learn to water properly, because watering issues can look just like nutritional problems. If someone told you that growing weed was easy, they lied. It is not.

There are lots of good simple nutes out there too. See if you can get hold of Jack's classic there where you are at. Europe is not a wasteland, and there are many alternatives open to you if you look around. You just need to pick a good nutrient line that doesn't require a lot of money, like the Geoflora I am using now, or you need to get a soil that has everything in it. There are many ways to do this, but you really need to follow an established nutrient program, at least once, so you can see what the plants are supposed to look like, and then you may be able to strike out on your own and able to read your plants.

Good luck however you go... we are all pulling for you!!
thank you, i'm waiting for mega crop because they are out of stock. i ran out of canna nutrients, and i don't wanna buy more because they are quite costly here, i couldn't find decently priced nutrients here to be honest... visited quite a few shops

Back
Top Bottom