How to get rid of spider mites on drying buds

morphin

Hello guys.

I got a very good harvest 4 days ago. I let them dry front of a fan and everything was fine.
But after 3 days homealone I saw some spider mites web on them but couldn't see the bugs because of the intense of buds. So I need a fast solution. They're dried good, after 2-4 days they're ready to smoke.

20200204_020536.jpg

a1.jpg

I've found 4 fast solution but I afraid hurting my beauties, I came here to ask your opinion!

Solution number 1: LET THEM BURN! They're creatures right? So the million dollar question is; which temp and time can destroy them easily without any damage on thc and cbd? We can keep them at 200C in an oven, it should kill all of them in 10 seconds. They will melt down and taste a horrible dead! They are mine you suckers! :ganjamon:
What is your advice on heat and time?

Solution number 2: I have a water purifier and TDS says 0.08 almost pure water. Also I have spider mites medicine. I'm thinking spray that shit and kill them slow! But the question is; if it change the taste?

Solution number 3: Use technology! Microwave. I have no idea. Give your opinion.

Solution number 4: Low heat! Freeze etc. (for me; It seems not good and easy way to do.)

Are you sure that’s spider mites and not mold? What was your humidity and temp while drying and were they hanging or laying on something while drying. And DO NOT PUT IN OVEN or you will destroy your work

yep, mold, looks like,, care needed indeed,, karma sent

i have enuf experience to know spiders when i see the effects,,

mites can remain on buds if they were there before but will not just show up after harvest, near sure of that

I was wrong. absolutely its mold problem. It started at bottom of big buds. small buds have not the problem.
For the first time it happens to me.

I've tried hairdryer but I could not continue due to the smell problem.
What do you think about puting them in a oven at 200C for 20 seconds?

Cut off the mold and inspect the rest closely.
Set them out somewhere dry with good circulation. Keep checking for mold.
You want a quick dry if you have mold problems.

I was wrong. absolutely its mold problem. It started at bottom of big buds. small buds have not the problem.
For the first time it happens to me.

I've tried hairdryer but I could not continue due to the smell problem.
What do you think about puting them in a oven at 200C for 20 seconds?
If they are moist that could make things worse. You are just making a nice moist warm place further inside the bud for the mold to spread. Cool dry temps would be better. IMO.

Cut off the mold and inspect the rest closely.
Set them out somewhere dry with good circulation. Keep checking for mold.
You want a quick dry if you have mold problems.

I've did that. Also cleaned them with a makeup brush.
They all seperated now. temp now 10-15C and humidity %40.
I can open a heater but I dont want it due to effects on weight. But it will definitely decrease humidity.

I will open a heater inside the room and drop humidity to %30-35. Heat will be 15-20C.
Does molds continue to spread in this conditions or will it remain as it is?

Is this enough or do I need to kill them with big guns?
What do you think hydrogen peroxide bath?

Courtesy of @InTheShed

Harvested? Throw out the moldy ones (with good margins) unless you are saving them for topicals. Dry it quickly to the high 50s internal RH.

"Botrytis can only germinate on damp or wet plant tissue in temperatures between 50 to 70°F. However, once the fungus has developed, it can withstand a larger range of temperature and humidity. "

Beating Botrytis: How to Identify, Prevent & Treat a Common Crop Ailment
There are more than 50 different species of botrytis, also known as gray or brown mold, wh
www.maximumyield.com

Courtesy of @InTheShed

Harvested? Throw out the moldy ones (with good margins) unless you are saving them for topicals. Dry it quickly to the high 50s internal RH.

"Botrytis can only germinate on damp or wet plant tissue in temperatures between 50 to 70°F. However, once the fungus has developed, it can withstand a larger range of temperature and humidity. "

Beating Botrytis: How to Identify, Prevent & Treat a Common Crop Ailment
There are more than 50 different species of botrytis, also known as gray or brown mold, wh
www.maximumyield.com

Seriously.... I mean why risk your health for some sketchy weed ?

Isn’t there someone or some place to score some weed ? ... dispensary or the dude behind Taco Bell ?
Hard times ? Sell the TV .

If you really need to consume this .... look at water curing.

As you can see I got an amazing harvest and the smoke and taste is amazing. This harvest was my masterpiece and I don't want to lose it for a fucking mold problem. Also small buds do not have the problem.
I think inside the big buds environment is different then outside. The evaporated water may not have escaped and may have accumulated in it. Due to it can give a chance to develop nicely. Also there is no issue on live plants. It happend after cuttings.

1580907963120.png

You say throw that beauty, it is not an option! The density of the heads is very good. The picture is 70gram...

Today outside warmer and DRY room currently; 22C - RH:%48
OFC at night it will down to 10-12C - RH:%50 but I will open a heater inside the room and I'll try to 20C- RH:%40

I'm now just waiting and checking everyday the buds. It seems not developing any furter but I'm not sure ofc. I got 900g harvest and examine all of them everyday is a lot of work. If I see any thing I'm trying to kill with hairdryer.

It seems h2o2 bath will be fine if it's going to spread but I wonder how is the weight difference and taste after that?

I lost 90% of my G13 Haze to mold.
I had to make topicals out of it.
It was a big plant but I went through the whole thing.
I can't condone putting your health at risk. You seem resolved though.
I guess I can't really be of any more help to you then. I would just sound like a broken record.
Good luck to you.

I lost 90% of my G13 Haze to mold.
I had to make topicals out of it.
It was a big plant but I went through the whole thing.
I can't condone putting your health at risk. You seem resolved though.
I guess I can't really be of any more help to you then. I would just sound like a broken record.
Good luck to you.

I'm sorry about your lost.
Thank you for your kindly help.

Imo if there's mold on a bud even a nice sized bud I would throw it out. No worth the health risk.

My mother always said that wastefulness is a sin. Finish your meal!
If they're going to worst then that, I'm thinking to H2O2 bath and also make rosin from it. I was already thinking give a try and now I'm trying to develop DIY press. I won't throw it out.

Back
Top Bottom