How to harvest?

vdublova

i ve read almost all the "how to's" (that I know of) and I ve read about harvesting but I havent really seen anything as to what you actually have to do when harvesting. I understand that you need to hang them upside down for about a week or two. but can I have some help with the technique needed like where to cut and some of the basics? Once again thanks for the help you guys are the best and most helpfull "forumers" i ve ever come across!

I agree with jingleekidd's posted method.

..but most dispensary grows now seem to omit the hang and cure part.
chop. trim. dry in hanging mesh shelf. sell before cure.

Ok, this is my method.. I built a small drying cabinet by usind 1x2, chicken coop wire, and black plastic, basically I made 3 1x2 squares that are 2foot x3foot, then covered them with the coop fence material, and put a 1x2 leg at each corner and wrapped it in black plastic.
ok, First I cut each long stem from the main stock, and trim all but the buds from them. Then I place them on the wire fence racks to dry. Usually takes about 10-13 days, then I seperate the buds off the main stems, and jar them to cure. Now I put my jars in a cooler, and open the lids for about 10-15 min. a day to let the remaining moisture dissapate. After about a week, theyre usually dried, and smokable. But I prefer a longer cure to make my bud as good as it can be. after a week to 2 weeks curing in the cooler, I move the jars to a fridge. I gotta say, with some patience, if you wait for atleast 2 months, the high is so much better than if you smoke it right after it just dries. By doing the routine this way, it seems like I get a better product all around. They dont dry out superfast, and keep a good wieght. So I get a better finished product that doesnt burn up like dry sagebrush. So you get more hits from a bowl as you would if you just let it get to dry to fast. If that makes sense to you.. lol.. Hope this helps a little.

I agree with jingleekidd's posted method.

Yeah my boy uses them. He has a home made one tho. Looks kinda shotty if you ask me lol But hey he likes it. Is there any advantages using the mesh racks for drying?

Is there any advantages using the mesh racks for drying?
reduced labor and more efficient use of space, hallmarks in any 'successfull' capitalist venture.

And that's a <BLEEP> shame, and ought to be a crime.

But, yeah, you are correct. And it's not just dispensary grows - I've seen people assume that quick-dried uncured bud was "special hydro bud" because the only cured stuff that they got to see was trucked in.

Go figure.

This was my first harvest on one test grow plant, I took around 2 days to do it I snipped of a branch at a time and trim and hung it in a spare wardrobe boy it stunk my house out lol, I took the branches from top first left all bottom ones on for another nite no idea if it helped anyway I turned water off nite before then dried them hanging in cardboard boxes and hangers in a spare wardrobe for a week then added them to glass air tight jars which I am now opening once a day.

I made my mesh racks from the chicken coop fence. lol. It really seems to work great. It lets me dry more bud in less space, and like hanging it dries nice and evenly. Either way is good, just remember the key to good bud, is patience. Let it dry right, then give it the time it needs for a good cure and youll have some of the best bud around. The whole reason I started growing was the fact I was sick and tired of paying premium price, $60 an 1/8 or $100 a 1/4 for bud that was maybe midgrade, if not just above swag. I also got tired of paying for a 1/4, and ending up with an 1/8 at best after I finished letting it dry and cure. I dont grow for production, Mainly just for personal use, and a bit extra to hook up some friends here and there.

Back
Top Bottom