Is Citrus/ hay smell a result of early harvest?

emrercn

Hey folks
First time grower here and i m about to harvest. It s been 63 days since the plantation and it s a auto ak47. I ve trimmed all the fan leaves yesterday and left it in dark 4 24 hours since i was planning to harvest today. However as i was trimming a branch i ve noticed it has a strong citrus/ hay like oudor and nothing like usual ak47 does. I m not sure if it s early to harvest or the odour will turn up to be normal after drying and curing. Can any of you advise me on that matter. Otherwise i m planning on continue to my 18/6 light schedule on tomorrow and wait a bit more.

Re: Does Citrus/ hay smell is a result of early harvest?

That hay/grass smell is chlorophyll. Generally, a plant will give off large amounts of chlorophyll when it is moved into the dark. Some strains are not very sweet and have a low "flavor" profile and will always smell like hay. I have had little luck with my limited exp with Autos but if success proven genetics are used, it's usually a grower mistake. You don't want a constant hay smell, usually means low quality meds. :)

Wouldn't auto be different from the regular version? I guess that's the case.

Do you mean low quality nutritients by 'low quality meds' ?? I ve used nutritients for flowers. You know the sticks that you put in the soil.. i ve used the liquid version of that? Also do you think that it may effect the potency??

Back
Top Bottom