Trichomes turning amber After harvesting

JC Grow

Never read any post about this and i`ve read many threads over the last 2 years.

First picture today Oct 11.today.
2nd picture,harvested 12 hours ago.Bud washed.
3rd picture,branch broke off Sept 29th.,figured what the heck,trim ,dry 6 days jar about 10 days.even tho too early,smells Ok little bit hay but mostly berry like.

Strain Aurora.About 180 days from seed.

Attachments

• Sun Oct 11 08-08-08.jpg
    Sun Oct 11 08-08-08.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Sun Oct 11 08-17-47.jpg
    Sun Oct 11 08-17-47.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Sat Oct 10 19-16-35.jpg
    Sat Oct 10 19-16-35.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 115
  • oct 9 003.jpg
    oct 9 003.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 100
Interesting you post this. I had to early harvest all my plants to save them from botrytis.

Been drying them in my tent, completely dark with a humidity between 55 and 63%, it just varied all the time.

I was trimming and jarring yesterday and I had to get my scope out and I have the same as you, tricombs turning amber.

What did you wash them in? My wash was hydrogen peroxide and water, first rinse in lemon juice, baking soda and water then last rinse in plain water.

Maybe because I left them laying in the sun until end of day?We were taking our time and my helpers were pretty useless as far as trimming the buds.Harvested 25%?Today I will get them in dark right after trimming.

Washing 1/2 cup lemon juice ,1/2 cup baking soda. rinse 2x water.
RH is 59-62%.dark. 65-70 degrees.

Interesting you post this. I had to early harvest all my plants to save them from botrytis.

Been drying them in my tent, completely dark with a humidity between 55 and 63%, it just varied all the time.

I was trimming and jarring yesterday and I had to get my scope out and I have the same as you, tricombs turning amber.

What did you wash them in? My wash was hydrogen peroxide and water, first rinse in lemon juice, baking soda and water then last rinse in plain water.

Maybe left them laying in the sun until end of day?We were taking our time and my helpers were pretty useless as far as trimming the buds.Harvested 25%?Today I will get them in dark right after trimming.

Yes, after washing hung them up to dry outside with a fan on them for the day and it happened to be sunny.

How can being cut off the plant and in the sun for six hours turn tricombs amber when if they were still a full plant nothing would have happened? Sounds like bro science to me. Now if it was long term exposure, maybe, but I am too much a noob to know.

I don’t need proof or science to tell me it’s not smart to leave cut flowers in sunlight. Call it bro science or common sense.
Will do.

Best way to test it is to take two sets of different buds after washing that were of similar ripeness, and keep one in the dark and one in the blazing sun. That should tell the tale

Almost finished taken another 25% today(still concerned about strangers helping themselves,neighbours are all aware and are not an issue) .Colder today and hairs look to be turning red.Kinda cloudy today,but will expose some samples to indoor light.Tricomes been very cloudy for 3 weeks now.

The pics don’t really make sense. First picture shows cloudy trichomes. Not amber. If you’re not looking at the same spot on the same buds for comparison then you will have discrepancies. Rough handling and wet trimming will knock around heads and stalks and make them look amber like photo #3.

@mrking sorry if I came off rude. I’m tired of the bro science label. Thc degrades under sunlight. It is well known that heat is bad for tepenes. Many know to harvest BEFORE lights on. There’s a good reason we “Bros” do this. If you need some kind of proof google is a step away...

The pics don’t really make sense. First picture shows cloudy trichomes. Not amber. If you’re not looking at the same spot on the same bus for comparison then you will have discrepancies. Rough handling and wet trimming will knock around heads and stalks and make them look amber like photo #3.

The first picture(of the tricomes) is from this morning,the 2nd picture is from the same plant taken down 12 hours previously At best there was 3-5% ambers,I took samples from 3 different parts of the plant..The tricomes have been very cloudy for the past 3 weeks.I have been taken samples (tricome pics)every single day from all my 3 larger plants for 3 weeks now.

Photo 3 is from branch that broke off and got harvested at least 3 weeks before its` time.

Picture of the current state as of today.50%? harvested

Attachments

• 10-11 007.jpg
    10-11 007.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 104
  • 10-11 009.jpg
    10-11 009.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
Maybe because I left them laying in the sun until end of day?We were taking our time and my helpers were pretty useless as far as trimming the buds.Harvested 25%?Today I will get them in dark right after trimming.

Exposure to UV light will turn them amber after harvest pretty fast. Nothing wrong with that if you want a stonier buzz and won't make it into hay as suggested. All the Mexi pot we used to get back in the day and even today is left in the hot Mexican sun to dry before being compressed into bricks. Being fully seeded and generally abused is what made it crappy as some of those old sativas are killer pot if grown properly and totally different than the dirt pot we used to get for $200/lb.

:peace:

Exposure to UV light will turn them amber after harvest pretty fast. Nothing wrong with that if you want a stonier buzz and won't make it into hay as suggested. All the Mexi pot we used to get back in the day and even today is left in the hot Mexican sun to dry before being compressed into bricks. Being fully seeded and generally abused is what made it crappy as some of those old sativas are killer pot if grown properly and totally different than the dirt pot we used to get for $200/lb.

:peace:
Good to know/My 5th time curing,always turned out just fine.

They look nice and big. Something white going on the leaves. PM?

Not sure what it is.Started when the weather got colder.Many night gets down to 5-8c.Whipes right off easily.Been quite a bit of rain.When the leaves die the white goes away.Buds look really clean and I`m bud washing.

Attachments

• 2111 001.jpg
    2111 001.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
The pics don’t really make sense. First picture shows cloudy trichomes. Not amber. If you’re not looking at the same spot on the same buds for comparison then you will have discrepancies. Rough handling and wet trimming will knock around heads and stalks and make them look amber like photo #3.

@mrking sorry if I came off rude. I’m tired of the bro science label. Thc degrades under sunlight. It is well known that heat is bad for tepenes. Many know to harvest BEFORE lights on. There’s a good reason we “Bros” do this. If you need some kind of proof google is a step away...
Meh, we both have opinions. Besides, google is hardly ever the definitive answer.

Too much to nit pick with your post so I am just moving on and ignoring this thread.

No problem @mrking feel free to keep asking questions. I’m sorry if my apology and giving you your “proof” makes you want to leave the discussion.
If you think sun drying is a good idea, please tell us why.
If it makes you feel better, please nitpick me. I’m not perfect, any criticism is welcome. I understand your sun is not the same as mine. I’m in the subtropics, some of the growers here are in the sub arctic. Ymmv.

Meh, we both have opinions. Besides, google is hardly ever the definitive answer.

Too much to nit pick with your post so I am just moving on and ignoring this thread.

Back
Top Bottom