How to Make Feminized Seeds with Colloidal Silver

bothteams

Here's how I process nowdays. One branch, you can get a true selfie this way that will be practically identical to the mother. I've read you need to do the whole plant- that's just a an opinion though.. It's fine with a branch a plant- you can get all the pollen you need.

I do one branch or several branches depending on how much pollen I'll need too. For 3 plants I'll take the pollen off 3-4 branches on the best of the bunch. Doing several strains right now but it was a staggar grow.

Here's one branch of CH9 climax auto.. I put the branch through a hole in a cup, then into another cup with water/clonex seedling nutrient when the balls start to form (it'll be obvious when to stop spraying, they will pop out all over where the buds used to be). Put a zip lock storage bag on top of that with holes in the top to let moisture escape. I then treat it like another plant in the grow for a few days until I see the ballsacks start to open. The ziplock and cup catcher will keep it contained. The higher than normal humidity from the bag helps keep the pollen locked to the sacs too. Then it comes out the gr and while still fresh I'll pluck all the sacs off into a glass cup. You can do this pretty safely because the sacs are a bit moist from the whole process- this doesn't hurt the pollen a bit either.

20140310_172126.jpg

20140313_084712.jpg

Let that dry a couple of days and you'll end up with something like this in the cup..

20140315_081006.jpg

Now to apply that to the same plant..

20140315_080803.jpg
20140315_081331.jpg
20140315_083146.jpg

The sacs themselves are pretty much just like a flower. You'd think ball sacs are more like a venus fly trap the first time you play with them. But the pollen is kept inside the flower itself between the leaves. Here's one that's been opened when dried. You just smash the dry sacs and the pollen will gather in the bottom of the glass jar.

20140315_083529.jpg

I then wait after pollination.. Clean up the area very good with water. Clean the plant pot of any stray pollen. The brush basically just needs to be tapped and you'll see the pollen dust off onto the white hairs. All that extra ends up on your clothes- and general area. So after a good cleaning, take a shower. Change.

I wait 3 hours then put fans on her to remove any pollen that's loose, then back to the growroom she goes. I've read guys spray the plant down with water too, but I've never tried this. You can pretty much have many strains in one gr like this. Oh yeah if you leave the branch too long before cupping it, you get pollen everywhere. Your other strains will be ruined :)

Re: How to make Feminized Seeds with Colloidal Silver - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro

I like it. Not a bad way to do a self pollination. I handle my pollen a little different, and do like to change a whole plant. Because I save frozen female pollen for future breeding projects, and think if you're drying your pollen at room temperature for days you lose long term viability. In fact most of my loose pollen is saved, and I use the remaining pollen in flowers/sacs to pollinate my current grow. After pollen is knocked loose into my storage envelope I lay the pollen flower face down on each bud. I do this each day I'm harvesting pollen. As the sacs dry out they release even more stubborn pollen right down through the bud. So much pollen the buds turn yellow!

Re: How to make Feminized Seeds with Colloidal Silver - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro

So you can cross multiple strains, or same, on same plant..way cool! At what point do you spray the buds with CS?
How many beans from an avr size bud does one get usually?
Im subd and will try this when ready to do so.
Thank you!

Re: How to Make Feminized Seeds with Colloidal Silver - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro

With autos it's weird cause you really don't know exactly when, just when you see some white hairs. I use a sheet of cardboard with a few different sized V's cut into one end to block off the rest of the plant while spraying. Heard guys spraying as early as a week before flip too. I just spray on flip for the regular strains. Twice a day works good too

I like you save the pollen toker. I wouldn't know how to store that stuff myself, guessing dry and freeze? Biggest problem in playing around with it is keeping the pollen from running amok :) That stuff is finer than dust..

Glad your getting around the site, please feel free to ask anything at all, I'll do my best to help, or a member will jump in before me. Is the picture of "muxy" clone attempt in my journal gonna root? I'm just hoping you may have some tips on getting an early flowering cutting to root, so I can have a purple mother plant, I made the cut today.

Thanks for your input!! here's the post specific link, if you want to jump in:peace:

Watch This Flux - 1st 420 Outdoor Fluxing - Presents Fluxy Lady - Fully Restrained

Back
Top Bottom