How to slow growth?

ChesterC

I'm about 8 weeks into a CFL grow. Eight 42 watt daylight CFL's. I have six plants and so far they all look female. They are in 3 gal pots and they're growing like weeds, could be the Farmers pride I've been feeding them for the past six weeks. Lighting schedule is a modified Gas lantern schedule, 12/5/2/5 ... I would normally switch them to a flower schedule about now but I have to leave town in two days for 4-6 weeks. Are there any suggestions for slowing their growth while I'm gone. My wife will be watering them and feeding them a reduced diet of nutes, I've been thinking about switching to 16/8 or even 14/10 w/ the lights. They've been Fimmed and Trimmed and I'd hate to cut them back cause they look so good. Would raising the lights about 12 inches above the plants be a good idea ? I know they'll get leggy but I could cut that off when I get back before I flower them ... any suggestions would be appreciated.

:thanks:

Why do you wish to slow growth ?

Why do u wish to slow growth? I can think of a few ways. If ur running short on head room there are things that can be done such as super cropping and LSTing. U familiar with these techniques? If not, search the forums. Plenty of threads with great info and good instructions. One of the main reasons they are so tall is because they're in 3 gal pots. Next time keep em in smaller pots longer, I found that this can limit vetical growth before the plant becomes root bound.

Re: How to slow growth ?

Mostly what I've done w/ these is trim/fim the tops and pick a few fan leaves and they have bushed out nicely w/ many tops on each plant ... ordinarily I'd veg for about another week then flower ... I guess I'm concerned about height. If they double in height over the next month and then double again when I flower them they will be too tall for the space they're in. If there was a way to have them only grow about another 4 inches over the next month it would work out best. How about reduce the nutes and raise the lights ... lights are already down to 14 hours a day total ...

Thanks for any and all input ....

Chester

Back
Top Bottom