How to tell male/female at early stages

tego210

im not quite sure what to look for in the early stages. i have heard that the males have the pollen sacs but what about the females, how do they look? i what to be able to distinguish as early as possible so i can pull and replant

Until the pistils come out of the bulbs, females and males look alot alike. The females will be narrower and have a hook looking thing on the end, and the males are more ball shaped. If pistils dont pop out of it in a few days, and or more of them form and they began to cluster, it's prolly a male.

Heres a link that has tons of pics Weedfarmer | Gallery

009831.jpg
i think this is my link any way i need help to know if i have male of felamle or both please look in my gallry if this dont work I need help

I tried to find out if one of my plants were females today. This is my first grow but I believe this is promising:

20140302_0005.jpg

20140302_0004.jpg
20140302_0003.jpg

The plant is 4 weeks old.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

above picture is suspected - those are NOT the usual presex calyx forming there yet...

Just tag the branch with a color tie and watch - it will grow a single ball on the end of a tiny stem - instead of a fat calyx with white hair coming out the top.

DN

above picture is suspected - those are NOT the usual presex calyx forming there yet...

Just tag the branch with a color tie and watch - it will grow a single ball on the end of a tiny stem - instead of a fat calyx with white hair coming out the top.

DN

Thanks for the input DN. I will keep an eye on it. Crossing my fingers...

Broad or Bro?
I started this one around July 4th but when I moved it, 90% of the growth got fried when the light fell on it. This is new growth.
2014-09-24215243.png

Broad or Bro?
I started this one around July 4th but when I moved it, 90% of the growth got fried when the light fell on it. This is new growth.

Whodunnit- It looks like a possible male growth. You should see the pistils/hairs at 3-5 weeks even in veg mode so in your case it should have been mid to late August. Keep an eye on it and don't give up!

any updates? u wanna see this
images_1_3.jpg

Hey! First-time grower here and I'm a little nervous that I might have a male plant. Hopefully someone here will be able to confirm or deny my assumption. I am growing 2 Candy Cane auto-fem plants. They were planted about 1 week apart from each other and are 4 and 5 weeks old respectively. Both seem to have already started flowering, which is good. However, I noticed, what I think could be male sacs, on the younger plant that I haven't seen on the older one. Do I wait awhile longer? Or should I get rid of the (male) plant in question now? Can auto-fem become males? I thought that was one of the perks of choosing auto-fem seeds vs other genetic strains.

Back
Top Bottom