Howdy from Ga, USA!

Lexx

Hello everyone,

I have read a few threads of journals and learned more from them than a few weeks of doing research. You guys are so helpful to everyone! That's why I have decided to sign up and soon make a journal of my first indoor grow. I have frown a few times before, but I kept things super simple (and safe for me), I just Johnny apple seeded some bag seeds all over the place. Then watered the ones that popped.

I'm going to grow 1or 2 plants at a time because of limited room (closet). I was hoping I could get some advice from a few of you, you guys are way more knowledgeable than me, and any advice will be greatly appreciated.

1. What strain that can be bought from seed banks hardy enough to deal with mistakes by a newbie? (but hopefully I won't)
I thought about big bang 2, I won't have a lot of grow space so the smaller strains would be best. I'd say about 3x2. What lights do you guys suggest? I have a full budget of about $300 usd.
3. I plan on using foxfarm ocean forest soil and foxfarm big bloom, grow big and tiger bloom nutrients.

I am sorry to ask so many questions right out of the gate, but I would love to get it right the first time. And without to many hassles so I can enjoy my grow just that much better. So, any advice will be awesome =) Again I really appreciate and thank you guys!

I've smoked for a very long time. I have anxiety issues and marijuana has been a life saver to me. Where I live marijuana is illegal so I can't go to a dispensey and ask what's best for anxiety and buy it. That's why I want to grow my own strains and figure out what helps me the best. Also eventually make some money too. Good pot is hard to come by here =)

Sorry guys last question after reading the forums a few it more. Should I start out hydroponically? What's the pros and cons? Thanks again, and good night!

Howdy back from GA my friend, it's great to have you here at 420 Magazine and great to see that you are trying to learn how to grow Cannabis properly...you got to start somewhere, right?

I must say, you did good coming here my friend, because from my own experience, I went from being right where you are now, with just a hand full of bagseed, to growing better herb than I could find anywhere here in GA...believe me, your in good hands here bro!

As for strains? I'm sure there are many that will do the trick for you, but the one I found to really be prolific here in GA and due to our high humidity, was AK47....Dude, you really need to get your hands on some AK seeds...Really! :yummy:

For our environment, it really seems to do well and is a very forgiving and hearty plant with a very strong Sativa high and very good bud production...you will thank me later, believe me. :high-five:

Growing media? Honestly and IMO, I would go with a good organic potting mix, just starting out like you are, it's much less complicated as well as cost efficient to go with dirt, believe me. Not to mention that the flavor of your weed will be better. Go to Lowes or HD and pick up some 5 gallon buckets and a bag or two of good potting mix and there ya go...your ready to start growing.

You will need to find one our sponsors here and get yourself some good fertilizer and maybe some good lights, but it's really not that hard to grow if you can learn to be patient with it...that's the most important thing, ok?

Ok brother, again, welcome to the site and I hope we can talk more soon,

420 Warrior

:Namaste:

Great! Thanks a lot for the info, I will definitely go with the ak47. Is it fairly short? I don't have a whole lot of room at the moment. Really excited to start my grow. Thanks again for the info.

It's not real tall, maybe 4' or so? Now there is an autoflowering strain of AK47 as well and is really short and perfect for short spaces.

Do some research on this and all the autoflowering strains, I think you may get really excited when you read about them...cool?

There are many threads on the subject here 420 Magazine Watched Threads

Back
Top Bottom