Howdy guys and gals

thongor

new to this website first time grower got seeds from a close friend put them in large tubs and they all came up lucky me appear to be indicas from what ive seen on the websites huge leaves bushy smell skunky and are only 4 weeks old largest is 18 inches tall smallest is about 14 inches tall like to learn how to post pics to share they have been outdoors their entire lives any help on posting pics greatly apprieciated thank any and all who can help an old man 61 years young yours truly thongor

Hey thongor, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!

I think you’ll find this is the best mmj community out there...dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere, and I think you'll like it here!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines, they will assist you in navigating the forum. I also recommend you read through Forum Guideline FAQs before you get started.

Here are some other links that you might also want to check out:
Interested in growing Cannabis? :thumb:

One of the best places to start: How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know: How to Grow Marijuana
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
Questions about your grow:
Frequently Asked Questions
How to grow marijuana forum: How to Grow Marijuana
MMJ lounge: Grower's Lounge

One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals

Maybe information is your thing... :)

Cannabis and Hemp related news: 420 News
Just want the facts? Cannabis Facts, Medical Marijuana Facts, Industrial Hemp Facts
And who doesn't love science? Medical Marijuana Scientific Data

Need to learn how to upload photos, embed a video, add a link to your signature, etc.? It's all right here: Member Resources

420 Magazine's Mission Statement:
Mission Statement
Help support the cause: Help Support 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering...you can win some really cool prizes!

There's so much information here, that it can seem a bit overwhelming at times...hopefully these links will help get you started, and please feel free to ask if you need any help!

:Namaste:

vapedogg223 really appreciated your response tks for the tips some of the mist is starting to lift like the way you folks out there are willing to help a newbie going to be posting some pics of my little grow after i study up on the tips you provided me tks again thongor

hey there Vapedogg223 getting ready to harvest my only sativa read up on how to cure for good smokin sweet bud ive got the climate pretty well controlled not a pro set up but im thinkin it will work out okay dark and i will be able to keep the temp between 60 and 70 degreesist time trimming buds did it while on the plant and saved all the trim because i heard about "kief" didnt really find anything about how to make it is it worth it anyway any hints on this i would like to hear tks thongor

mornin vapedog223 recently completed cureing our buds and had read on th 420 site about loss of thc do too light exposure does this continue after the buds are cured and jarred up? any thoughts on this we would like to hear the wife and I were verrrry pleased with our first grow results exellent buzzzz we also put some pics up some were good and others were fuzzy we are still learning and next time we will rotate the pics this was suggested by HappyKitty and it makes sense to show the plants in the best possible way have a good one mickey and thongor

hey there Vapedogg223 getting ready to harvest my only sativa read up on how to cure for good smokin sweet bud ive got the climate pretty well controlled not a pro set up but im thinkin it will work out okay dark and i will be able to keep the temp between 60 and 70 degreesist time trimming buds did it while on the plant and saved all the trim because i heard about "kief" didnt really find anything about how to make it is it worth it anyway any hints on this i would like to hear tks thongor

mornin vapedog223 recently completed cureing our buds and had read on th 420 site about loss of thc do too light exposure does this continue after the buds are cured and jarred up? any thoughts on this we would like to hear the wife and I were verrrry pleased with our first grow results exellent buzzzz we also put some pics up some were good and others were fuzzy we are still learning and next time we will rotate the pics this was suggested by HappyKitty and it makes sense to show the plants in the best possible way have a good one mickey and thongor

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you...I've been a bit under the weather.

Harvest, drying, and the cure are just as important as the grow to me!

Yes, light will degrade THC...and continue to degrade it as long as it's stored, but it also needs to be maintained at the proper humidity and temperature as well. Although temps up to 68º F seemed to cause insignificant degradation of the THC in the tests I've read, so a cool room should fine.

I've tried many curing methods, but I've settled on air-tight canisters and 62% humidipaks, which has been working extremely well for me. You might want to look into something like these: C VAULT METAL STORAGE JAR -MEDIUM

:ganjamon:

good mornin Vapedog223 tks for the info on light affecting the thc we have our buds in the old style glass jars with rubber gaskets and metal lock down devices we have a smoke shop close to us and we will check out the humidipaks does jar size make a difference as far as our buds becoming to damp? sorry to hear you were under the weather hope you are feeling better! again tks for the info have a good afternoon mickey and thongor

good mornin Vapedog223 tks for the info on light affecting the thc we have our buds in the old style glass jars with rubber gaskets and metal lock down devices we have a smoke shop close to us and we will check out the humidipaks does jar size make a difference as far as our buds becoming to damp? sorry to hear you were under the weather hope you are feeling better! again tks for the info have a good afternoon mickey and thongor

Thank you brother! Glass jars are fine...just keep them in a cupboard or something so they are out of the light. No worries about getting too damp with the humidipaks...they release or absorb moisture as needed...so as long as the buds are close to 62% when you put them in the canister/jar it's all good.

I've got some pics of a humidipak and the canisters I use on post #649 of my last journal...they have two sizes, I use the large humidipak for the canisters I use, but they have a small that would work fine for jars. Just make sure you don't over-dry your buds in the beginning...if that happens you can re-hydrate them, but the curing process can not be restarted. :thumb:

:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom