Howdy

Ok, last minute emergency: my gurls are still thirsty; i think. Both are droopy again after being watered yesterday and today, and I ran out of de-chlorinated tap water. Sooooo, i put on my science cap, and i found out that vit c can de-chlorinate tap water and the reaction is very quick and you only need a little bit. Normal tap water has ~4 milligrams per liter of chlorine, and one gram of vit c can neutralize one milligram of chlorine in one liter. A regular lemon has ~ 35-40 grams of vit c....So, I cut a lemon into four pieces, used one to squirt a bit of juice into the 2 liters of water that I had been boiling(supposed to be 20 minutes to de-chlorinate, if you go that route), and now I am waiting for it to cool off so that I can water again. I am so afraid of over-watering that I think I am under-watering; but, I guess that is the lesser of two evils.....whew, lots to learn...Using the rest of the lemon for vodka tonics, cheers! (you guys probably know this stuff, so this was for the newbies, like me!).....

When you get a chance post a pic in natural type of light of those droopy leaves. Much more likely they are not thirsty so soon after a watering. I'm going to bed now but I'll look for this tomorrow.

Thanks, but they are definitely thirsty. A few cups of water(I was afraid of over-watering!), for a 5 gallon pot is nothing, and I should have been doing ~ a liter at a time, methinks, from the research I have been doing tonight. So, I will look again in the a.m., but they were definitely thirsty; my bad. I think the roots used up all of the deep moisture from the new soil, and it didn't droop; but, then it got really thirsty and wanted a real drink! I can relate....

Thanks, but they are definitely thirsty. A few cups of water(I was afraid of over-watering!), for a 5 gallon pot is nothing, and I should have been doing ~ a liter at a time, methinks, from the research I have been doing tonight. So, I will look again in the a.m., but they were definitely thirsty; my bad. I think the roots used up all of the deep moisture from the new soil, and it didn't droop; but, then it got really thirsty and wanted a real drink! I can relate....
Yup, water in the saucers underneath, both plants back to being happy, as am I.:blunt::Rasta:

Hey! Ok, so I got the new wardrobe unit(25 bucks!), and I took the cover and placed it on the used wardrobe stand that I re-purposed for tenting. I bought both stands sight unseen, and really hoped that the cover for the new one came unattached from the new frame, so that I could just put it over the set-up that I had already put together in my room. Well, it fit perfectly, now I have access to both plants through the front opening/zippers, the fan fits inside as well, and it totally looks just like an extra wardrobe unit in my room. I also reclaimed most of the space in my room as the width is only 18 inches for the stand itself. At least it looks professional now, like I kind of know what I am doing! Ty all for the advice and words of encouragement! Good day 1. I am going to use the bones of the new unit to create shelving that I will place inside, between, and above both plants to germinate seeds and grow clones. :blunt::blunt::slide::Rasta:

Attachments

• finishedproduct.jpg
    finishedproduct.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 89
  • reclaimedspace.jpg
    reclaimedspace.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 100
  • orphanannie.jpg
    orphanannie.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 93
  • mamaclone.jpg
    mamaclone.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 100
  • bluebed.jpg
    bluebed.jpg
    477.1 KB · Views: 100
I got lucky that I didn't have any issues while I waited for the cover(which is why I waited to do any topping or taking clones until I had everything in place first, as that would have been a hassle taking the old set up apart just to diagnose and treat a situation. I also got a bit smarter and I have 2 litres of water ready to go for the next instant drought. I think that I need to watch the top-most leaves for signs of thirst as they are the furthest away from the watering point? And, to give at least a litre of water for each when they do droop...#weedlessons

Ok, this may seem like a silly question :rollit:, but: I thought that when you topped a plant, that it would stop growing vertically, and would then bush out and grow horizontally, right? My orphan annie did bush out, as expected. But, the clone just keeps on growing from the two colas that sprouted from the original topping. Is this normal? And, what is the use of topping if the two stems from the bifurcation are just going to keep growing anyway? Please see pics.... the first is of the entire top of my clone, the second is where it was topped a few weeks ago(finger pointing at location), the next is how it looks today after being topped.The last is of my orphan annie after her scalp job. Like I said, if the stems produced after topping the orphan are going to continue to grow upwards, then what is the point?:Rasta::ganjamon::yummy:

Attachments

• clonetop (1).jpg
    clonetop (1).jpg
    561.4 KB · Views: 80
  • clonecut.jpg
    clonecut.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 97
  • cloneposttopping.jpg
    cloneposttopping.jpg
    634.2 KB · Views: 100
  • orphanannietopping.jpg
    orphanannietopping.jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 99
I got that part. But, it just keeps on growing vertically, ...it doesn't stop?

How many REAL watts of light do you have on that plant again?

it just keeps on growing vertically

That's why some folks tie them down (lst)-Cannabis generally wants to be tall,so intervention is needed to stop them from doing that.

I need to switch my clone over to flower, and figure out what to do, how to configure for the orphan annie still being in veg....hmmmmm, ....any thoughts weed info fam?

Back
Top Bottom