HPS lighting

i want to flower 4 plants at a time figure i will need at least 400 watt system but you can get a 600 watt for a couple more bucks i would like glass lens hood but not set up for air cooled hood yet would this be a problem since i don't have ventilation for the hood

A 400 watt system will do for 4 plants. You might want to get the 600 if you think you'll grow more than 4 at a later stage or if your electric bill doesn't matter.

The glass hood will waste a small percentage of your lumen output, so if you aren't actually cooling it then it's just wasting light.

yeah I'm running a 600w HTG (digital greenhouse) light, its been running strong for about a year and a half, no issues.

I also got a 600w dimmable revolt ballast I run in my veg room with MH, and its also a great ballast, and they're extremely cheap. Built really well and have great light output. Just search for it and you will find it.

yeah bro, I would buy another one of those in a heartbeat, it was 200 for an entire light kit, came with a MH and HPS bulb, basic open reflector, the revolt ballast, and a 15' socket cord. the ballast is quieter than my digital greenhouse, and runs much cooler too. It's built very well. I can't give any statement on longevity as I've only been running it on 18/6 for about a month.

Bulbs are designed to operate correctly in different positions... (i.e. B/U = Base Up, B/D = base down, HOR = horizontal. Most bulbs are rated @ 10,000 hours. So, if you put a lamps that are rated HOR and the lamp is installed base up it will decrease life expectancy. Good luck on warranty of lamps.

I'm unclear as to why you would need dim-able. Are they dim-able or do they have bi-level switching? ( using 2 capacitors)

Bulbs are designed to operate correctly in different positions... (i.e. B/U = Base Up, B/D = base down, HOR = horizontal. Most bulbs are rated @ 10,000 hours. So, if you put a lamps that are rated HOR and the lamp is installed base up it will decrease life expectancy. Good luck on warranty of lamps.

I'm unclear as to why you would need dim-able. Are they dim-able or do they have bi-level switching? ( using 2 capacitors)
this is true, a lot of newer bulbs now can be mounted in any direction, just have to look on the package and see what they recommend.

Dimmable ballasts are great because if you have a 600w or 100w light, and have seedlings or new clones under it, using all that power is wasteful.

The Revolt worked great for my last grow, the 400w. Their bulbs are okay. They diminish in power quickly. So when I pick up the 600w kit, I will say NO bulbs, which makes it much cheaper, then I will get a Maxlume or something for bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom