Humidity during my dry process

Medicalissue

I cant seem to get my humidity higher than 30% .my temperature is 70. I am using the same room she grew in so I have the in-line fan and humiderfier .... any suggestions.

Low humidity is great for drying. Higher humidity increases your chances of mold. Just don't dry it too long, typically until the stems snap rather than bend. Then you can begin curing in jars.

its day 4 of hang dry with 70 degrees and 25% humidity. Buds are starting to get crispy on the outside. How can i check or know when its time to jar them? I really want to nail this curing process.

Overall you want around 62% humidity when your cure is finished. I wouldn't worry about using a hygrometer unless you specifically want it at the perfect humidity.

Dry buds on stems hanging, 4-7 days usually depending on your humidity. Once the stems snap, rather than bend, but before they break, you should be at the ideal range to start the cure. Jar the buds and let them air out for 10-15 mins everyday, this allows the moisture to even out in the bud. Here's where you can use things like mini hygrometers(beware of cheap ones, I bought some online($2 ea) and theyre highly inaccurate), Boveda 62 packs(just tape it to the jar lid and your set), to get that perfect humidity. But personally I just continue curing until the buds burn to my liking.

If your buds are dry on the outside theyre probably close to ready to jar, but of course, I'd go by the stems.

How Can I Tell When My Buds Are Dry Enough To Be Cured?

this is where is have a problem. how do i know when its time to seal up the jar for good? my 1st batch smelled like hay. my 2nd smells better but i know it could be a lot better. This is my Final girl and i just want that nice tasteful smoke.

Once I got to the boveda stage, I notice that the curing odor goes through stages, depending on ancestry. For the first 2 weeks, my OG Kush of sativa ancestry smells strongly like diesel fuel, from the chem dog ancestry, gradually turning lemony, from the lemon thai ancestry. Then in a month it mellows out to a nice, inviting scent that tells me it's ready.

My jars with 3 months of cure are the best of all! The smokers in my family really enjoy them at this point. :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom