Humidity

JOINTER65

Hey all,
I have 2 4x4 grow tents. I am at 2 wks flower. Temp is ok 73 to 78 but the humidity sucks at around 18. I have a cool mist humidifier I can put in there or should I use a warm mist. I think I read somewhere I could just put a bucket of water in there to bring up the humidity, does anyone think that will work or is it a bunch of bull@&$?.

Grow- 3 GDP & 3 Cherry Pie
Medium- FFOF
3gal fiber pot
Light- solar extreme 500 & nanolux 315 cmh

Lots of times my humidity stay around 30 to 35 and thats running a small humidifier, after the plant get larger the humidity seems to climb to about 40 and then i shut it off completly due to all the film it leaves all over every thing. It seems to stay around 35 to 40 for the rest of the grow. For me it doesn't seem to effect bud size.

When I get too low, I'll throw a few gallons of water in a tote, saturate a quality towel and let it wick up water while maintaining air circulation. It raises up to 18% in my grow room.

Attachments

• DSCN2997 (1).JPG
    DSCN2997 (1).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • 129018997785124146031.jpg
    129018997785124146031.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 34
You can try raising with your humidifier. For small buds you will need to under water with low humidity..

For normal size buds you will need to water more frequently.

Transpiration is KEY to plant size so plenty of water and air movement. You for sure should use a humidifier but be SURE its CLEAN. Clean it with vinegar and water before using it so you don't spread mold spores around. You can get PM with low RH. Good place for that to live is in a humidifier so clean it regularly with vinegar and water.

Back
Top Bottom