Increasing humidity

ZoomZ06

I’m looking for ways to increase my humidity without spending too much on a humidifier. Temperature is controlled to be 78-82 (my super silver haze like it warm) during the day and 72-75 at night. I have a 1g humidifer in my 4x4 tent. My Intake and exhaust fans run 24/7 but are on adjusters to have fresh air Roughly every 1.5-2 minutes. I have trays of water on the floors, 2 towels hanging, I mist the walls. Just looking to see if there’s any other ways before I spend a pretty penny on an industrial sized humidifier

I have a 1g humidifer in my 4x4 tent.
I have trays of water on the floors, 2 towels hanging, I mist the walls. Just looking to see if there’s any other ways before I spend a pretty penny on an industrial sized humidifier

Is your garden in a really low-humidity location, like the Coober Pedy in the South Australia desert, where the dew point was once measured/calculated to be 114 degrees below what the temperature was (or Mars, lol)? Anyway... About the only way you're going to have a real impact on your grow tent's relative humidity is to significantly raise the RH in the area you get your tent's source air from. Or adjust the timer on your exhaust fan so that it is off for considerably longer than it runs, so that you can stop removing all the moisture that you're dumping into the space.

By the way, why an exhaust and an intake fan? Is the intake duct setup that goes into your grow space really long and convoluted (lots of bends), or is your exhaust fan just too weak to do its job?

Is your garden in a really low-humidity location, like the Coober Pedy in the South Australia desert, where the dew point was once measured/calculated to be 114 degrees below what the temperature was (or Mars, lol)? Anyway... About the only way you're going to have a real impact on your grow tent's relative humidity is to significantly raise the RH in the area you get your tent's source air from. Or adjust the timer on your exhaust fan so that it is off for considerably longer than it runs, so that you can stop removing all the moisture that you're dumping into the space.

By the way, why an exhaust and an intake fan? Is the intake duct setup that goes into your grow space really long and convoluted (lots of bends), or is your exhaust fan just too weak to do its job?
If anything my fans are too powerful that’s why I had to install the speed adjusters. My lung room is very small so I’m pulling air from another room, if not my temperatures would sky rocket. So lots of bends in the intake ducting. That’s why I’m using an intake or else I would have just ran a passive system

nappies/diapers , get some put in the sink fill with water , open with scissors then put crystals on the top of pots , water when they start to dry up , this will add humidity under plants leaves :) or put in pots on the floor and top up
Id try this out if your wise and on a budget. Couldn’t hurt thats forsure

ive done it few times , you can leave in pots on floor with a small fan blowing across them , or add to top of pots , its prob better as the leaves get the humidity better :goodluck:
I just asked my buddy (who has kids) for some diapers and he’s bringing some over but he’s very confused to why lol I told him I’ll explain when he gets here :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom