Question about drying humidity

Johnny5thesim

Hi,

I am about to chop 3-4 plants. And I was wondering. If I have a 10x15 room, that sits at 35% humidity and 64 degrees. Does anyone know if the drying plants will raise the humidity drastically, causing me to need a dehumidifier? Or will I need to add humidification?

I am not sure what to expect. And whether to add a dehum or humidifier.

Thanks for any input!

Its best to dry in a cool dark place with temps from 18- 22 degrees and the best humidity is around 50% so you get that nice slow dry. I dry in my tent I find it the easiest to control the environment and my charcoal filter gets rid of any smells. At 35% you will probably have to add a humidifier but its hard to say until they are in the drying space but I can't see them being in there will raise the humidity alot

150 sq ft is pretty big. Your looking at atleast 1000 cubic feet. Unless your filling half of that volume with product I dont think you will go over 60%rh if you have any air circulation through the space. Lower temps are good. 64 is nice.

Humidifier or dehumidifier depends on air circulation and plant volume. You may need a dehumidifier the first day and not again.
It's important to keep it under 65% to prevent mold. 35% air will dry it out pretty quickly. If it does get too humid and you have a way to circulate new air through the space you can use that to dry it out. It is important to maintain a small amount of circulation within the space as well to help everything dry evenly. It will also help discourage mold.

Its best to dry in a cool dark place with temps from 18- 22 degrees and the best humidity is around 50% so you get that nice slow dry. I dry in my tent I find it the easiest to control the environment and my charcoal filter gets rid of any smells. At 35% you will probably have to add a humidifier but its hard to say until they are in the drying space but I can't see them being in there will raise the humidity alot

I’d like to use my tent, but I have a plant that’s lagging behind and needs some extra time:(

150 sq ft is pretty big. Your looking at atleast 1000 cubic feet. Unless your filling half of that volume with product I dont think you will go over 60%rh if you have any air circulation through the space. Lower temps are good. 64 is nice.

Humidifier or dehumidifier depends on air circulation and plant volume. You may need a dehumidifier the first day and not again.
It's important to keep it under 65% to prevent mold. 35% air will dry it out pretty quickly. If it does get too humid and you have a way to circulate new air through the space you can use that to dry it out. It is important to maintain a small amount of circulation within the space as well to help everything dry evenly. It will also help discourage mold.

I’m thinking of using my theatre room. Which is windowless. So no air exchange. I was thinking to add a humidifier, if needed. As I already have one. I just haven’t dried before. So I’m not sure how much it will spike putting 3-4 plants in there. I also have fans etc.

Do you think I definitely will need fresh air exchange? Or does keeping it at 55% humidity and 64f work just fine?

Theater room how many air registers? How much does your furnace/air handler run per day? There's probably some degree of air circulation in there.

Or does keeping it at 55% humidity and 64f work just fine?

If you can hold it at that range that's good. For every 2 lbs of plant you'll lose approximately 1lb of water into the air. You may find you need the humidifier after about day 3. It's really hard to say without a bunch of variables and equations. You have a good handle on what conditions you need to monitor and how to control them. Once you get the plants in there you'll know within a few hours how humid it will get. If it doesn't go over 65% in the first four hours you shouldn't need a dehumidifier at all. If it doesn't come over 50% during that same window you'll want to run a small humidifier with an oscillating fan blowing below the plants.

Be really careful when adding humidity it's an easy way to ruin months of hard work.

Theater room how many air registers? How much does your furnace/air handler run per day? There's probably some degree of air circulation in there.

If you can hold it at that range that's good. For every 2 lbs of plant you'll lose approximately 1lb of water into the air. You may find you need the humidifier after about day 3. It's really hard to say without a bunch of variables and equations. You have a good handle on what conditions you need to monitor and how to control them. Once you get the plants in there you'll know within a few hours how humid it will get. If it doesn't go over 65% in the first four hours you shouldn't need a dehumidifier at all. If it doesn't come over 50% during that same window you'll want to run a small humidifier with an oscillating fan blowing below the plants.

Be really careful when adding humidity it's an easy way to ruin months of hard work.

No furnace. It has electric baseboard heat. So literally zero air exchange.

Thanks so much for the input. Looks like this will have to be an on the fly thing. And sounds like I should get everything on hand. That way I can deal with it in real time, as I see what happens.

And I’ll make sure I am careful with adding humidity. If it’s needed! I think it will. I’ve battled low humidity the whole grow!

Back
Top Bottom