Humidity question

Spudnik

Hey guys, what would you suggest I use to raise the humidity in my grow tent? I have my temperature at 26.6 degrees but humidity is a bit on the low side. Would a dehumidifier help increase humidity or will that only decrease it?

A dehumidifier will only decrease humidity.
How large is your tent? There are other options to help raise the humidity such as an ultrasonic humidifier or fogger but those aren't always necessary. If your tent is small enough but have enough room you could hang a towel wicking up water from a bucket and fan blowing towards it, it's a temporary fix. A pot of hot water would also help but your Temps are already high enough.

A little more info about your set up when asking questions will also help go a long way with the answers you get

Hey guys, what would you suggest I use to raise the humidity in my grow tent? I have my temperature at 26.6 degrees but humidity is a bit on the low side. Would a dehumidifier help increase humidity or will that only decrease it?
Wet towels and a fan is a cheep method, otherwise a Humidifier is required.
What is your rh now.

Thanks for the tips about water bucket to help with humidity guys, I t’s helped. Out of curiosity, what size fans do all you guys use? Any specific size recommended?

Thanks for the tips about water bucket to help with humidity guys, I t’s helped. Out of curiosity, what size fans do all you guys use? Any specific size recommended?
I use a variety of fans. I have a couple clip on 6" fans, a couple cheaper oscillating 16" and a 20" box fan. It all depends on how much space you have in your room/tent. What size of grow are you running?

Don’t run extraction fans here but have 6 fans of different sizes to cover a veg tent & a separate flower space
How are you exchanging the air in your tent then? I'm just curious. The air in the room "should" be exchanged 1 time every 3 minutes I believe they say. Mind you this is a recommendation, but it would certainly help, plants love fresh air.

Hey dudes, I’ve got photoperiods and autos in same tent. Is there a way to get the photos to a 12/12 now while I’ve got autos still needing 18/6? My plan was to just keep it 18/6 the full cycle until autos are ready then switch to 12/12 for photos but out of curiosity is there a way to do both at same time? Like half on one side and half on other side of tent but what would be the best way to keep the photos in dark? A sheet split down half the tent?

Hey dudes, I’ve got photoperiods and autos in same tent. Is there a way to get the photos to a 12/12 now while I’ve got autos still needing 18/6? My plan was to just keep it 18/6 the full cycle until autos are ready then switch to 12/12 for photos but out of curiosity is there a way to do both at same time? Like half on one side and half on other side of tent but what would be the best way to keep the photos in dark? A sheet split down half the tent?
Thats a little risky . If you get a light leek your in trouble.

Yeah I may actually do that as there’s 5 photos and only 2 autos so hopefully the photos will yield well enough that I can sacrifice losing a little on the autos. Photos yield more anyway am I right?

Yeah I may actually do that as there’s 5 photos and only 2 autos so hopefully the photos will yield well enough that I can sacrifice losing a little on the autos. Photos yield more anyway am I right?
From my experience yes photos produced more volume. But I have herd of great yields from auto's also.

I hear a lot about aiming for 1gram per watt. Do you guys achieve that or does it not work out that way? Mines still a few weeks away from me finding out but I’m interested to know if it works out that way for most people. I’m growing with 600watt light

It's a good number to aim for but not really until you get a handful of runs in and get some experience and equipment built up. There are so many variables to consider while growing that you can't just expect 600 grams from your 600 watt light for example. Number of plants, strain and how long they veg for have a major effect on how close you will get and after that it's nutrients, medium and environment conditions. Look at me, I've got lots of grows under my belt but still not getting 2 pounds out of my 2 600watt lights lol its just something to strive for, don't let it get to ya. Keep it simple

Hey guys, how often do yous feed your plants? I’m growing in coco canna medium. They were last fed Sunday night and it’s Tuesday now. The coco still feels and looks moist throughout so I don’t really want to water/feed just for the sake of it. Do you guys wait till it almost dries out? Or would yous still feed now being that it’s Sunday they were fed last?
My temps are between 25 and 26.3 degrees and humidity is 50%.
Also, yous know more than me so probably already know but the ac infinity t-4 inline fan and carbon filter I would highly recommend. Got them a few days ago. I’ll attach pictures so you see the medium.

62743F45-8B30-468E-A7A0-034A684F155B.jpeg

331A4CCF-DEA1-4927-82E9-763ABB579812.jpeg

DBA88F92-9B5C-4F1D-AFA3-33BA2BBFDE8B.jpeg

597681B0-924C-4926-9B4B-041E8BA67519.jpeg

215C0207-0DBF-44AA-B903-174542A519B9.jpeg

6494AF95-4618-453C-979E-BCF8BE28FDEF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom