Humidity

Paul185

420 Member
Hey just wondering what you guys use to put humidity in the tent ? I have the fan and last night put a humidifier in but another question

when ventilator is sucking air our it’s also pulling the humidity out so how will it keep at the right humidity level?

Hey Paul,

Welcome to forums at 420 Magazine! A humidifier works but a temporary quick fix can be pans of water with fan blowing on surface, or pan of water with towel dipped in to wick moisture, spread top of towel wide and point fan at it. Yes the fans do remove some of it but water is heavier than air, of course you are manipulating the environment with fans as we all do.

This is also impacted by how much soil you have in the tent. In todays FAQ there is a post byOMG Reptar who observed extra rh moisture after upcanning plants from 1 gallon to 5 gallon buckets more soil holds more moisture. See thread titled Humidity Issues in today’s list.... Think it’s seasonal too as many are shifting from summer to fall to winter but you may be opposite depending on where in the world you are located.

as always - my 2 cents but see what else comes in

Hey Paul,

Welcome to forums at 420 Magazine! A humidifier works but a temporary quick fix can be pans of water with fan blowing on surface, or pan of water with towel dipped in to wick moisture, spread top of towel wide and point fan at it. Yes the fans do remove some of it but water is heavier thnt air.

This is also impacted by how much soil you have in the tent. In todays FAQ there is a post byOMG Reptar who observed extra rh moisture after upcanning plants from 1 gallon to 5 gallon buckets more soil holds more moisture. See thread titled Humidity Issues in today’s list.... Think it’s seasonal too as many are shifting from summer to fall to winter but you may be opposite depending on where in the world you are located.

as always - my 2 cents but see what else comes in
Thanks for the reply yes we are coming from summer to fall and temp is dropping and humidity for temp I put a small heater which seems to be working fine keeping a temp around 23 to 25 c it’s just the humidity with the ventilator pull air out does that also have a impact on humidity staying in the tent?

Sure any enclosed space becomes a micro climate, and yes the fan will pull moisture out. Maybe try to rework your fan and ducting to push or suck cool air in to the bottom of your tent and let it exhaust passively out of the top. Most of us use multiple fans anyway, like 1 extraction fan and another 1 or 2 smaller fans pointed at soil line to keep pests away or top of canopy for same reason.

whats your rh in the grow space?

Ok you need to pull that link... that’s not allowed, go back up to that one & click on edit. We can talk about it but we have site sponsors that pay to keep 420 staff and servers going.

What’s it pull from the wall in watts??.....not the inflated hps equivalent rating. Do you require extraction fan for controlling odor or is that just for temps? Fortunately where I grow no one can smell it, so theres no harm. Maybe move plants out for 6 hours and see what temps are without running fan...may or may not work depending on your personal stealth factors.

I’m pretty sure tortured can run a formula for coefficient drag on a mite whether perched under a leaf or a stem.

No, not what I mean, odor removal as in apartment building & close neighbors. Yes as a plant gets bigger you need more ventilation etc.
let’s cut to the chase - how big are your plants now? Since you have lower temps you may benefit from added heat. I push mine to 80 to 83 degrees Fahrenheit but only way is for you to pull plants so you don’t risk overheating them and run lights on with no fan for 3 to 6 hours to see what temps are.

cool thanks man! ok 7 weeks, is that auto or photo? I’m all I’m saying is everyone’s setup is different, if you compared a dozen 2 X 4 tents they have different vents, vent sizes plus number of vents, then add your light & fan... someone somewhere in this place may possibly be running exact same setup but for now you have boots on ground and will have to play with your configuration, add humidity, fans, heat and air etc to get tent environment in line. A big part of growing is about adapting and making it work

It will be an endless loop man. You ventilate, it pulls humidity out. You humidify and start again. Larger containers will raise the RH in your tent, more so with the cloth-ish pots. The level will slowly drop as your water gets used up and natural evaporation.
Other than the obvious reason, smell, why do you constantly ventilate your tent? Is the tent leaking odor if it's not running? Perhaps you could set it on a timer?

The smell I’m not worried about I was just told maby this is wrong to have it running all the time to get rid of air from inside maby it’s better I set it up on a timer like you said and have it come on certain times

Back
Top Bottom