Humidity

Smokeyjoe

I am using a 3x3 Hydrohut with a 600HPS for this grow.

I have a 6" active air fan venting out a sealed widow through the hood and a 6" inline bringing fresh air into the tent from the room outside the tent.

I am constantly at 30% Humidity and I keep reading that it should be more like 40-50 for veg.

I have tried all the mentioned methods, bowls of water, bowls of water with wet towels, fan blowing over water and have even bought a cool mist humidifier, placed it in the tent and still maintain 30% hum on average.
GRRRR

Is it possible that my exhaust is pulling air out of the tent so fast that there is no chance for humidity to build up?
Any suggestions?

Daytime starts for the girls in a few minutes and I would like to try and work on this problem tonight, if it is in fact a problem that needs fixing.

Let me know what our Master Growers think!!!

Yes that is possible. Don't sweat it too much unless its causing you issues. Mine is chillin at 38% right now and it stays pretty low through out the winter and I haven't seen any problems other than maybe having to water a day earlier than usual. Keep a spray bottle near by and mist them once and a while.

once in flowering though your humidity will naturally raise, sometimes too high,so keep an I in that.

misting too much may cause problems, but if you're worried about humidity don't worry too much as long as you're not dipping below 30%. If your plants are at a lower humidity and you treat them well, they'll be fine, they will have minimal stress, works well if you're moving outdoors too in case humidity isn't too high. Don't stress too much though, it will go up and if you want you can kill the fan for an hour or so to let a little humidity build up daily.

Back
Top Bottom