Cannot get humidity above 35% in 2x2x6 tent

PlanetJanet

Hey guys,

I cannot for the life of me get the humidity above 35% in my grow tent. The tent is 2x2x6 and has an inline fan running as well as LED's . The fan extraction and LED's together maintain a nice 26degrees celsius but the humidity just lingers in the 35% area.

I have turned off the inline vent system to allow moisture to build up in the air but this then results in temps of 29degrees which is not ideal at all.

Anyone got any idea how to get a decent humidity level in a small tent? When i was growing the seed to seedling it was in a propagator which kept humidity in the 60-70% range but now it has been potted into a bigger pot the plant is in open air of the tent. :hmmmm:

Thanks

J

I literally cant cycle the fan, as soon as it stops the temps creep up and within 5 mins the tent can be 30°

Sent from my SM-N9005 using 420

If i get a humidifier for the tent, be it a small one , would the fan not just clear the humidity as it was produced by the humidifier?

Hi PlanetJanet,

Yes, the inline fan will suck the humidity out as it draws in the fresh (lower humidity) air from outside the tent. I'm struggling with the same issue and actually have one of the smallish humidifiers mentioned by bennycar. No joy.

Perhaps in your situation you could limit the air coming into the tent to one or two intake windows and put a pan/bucket of water, or perhaps better a pan/bucket with a wick (towel?) afixed, in front of the opening so that incoming air will pick up some additional humidity.

Be well and happy growing!

I literally cant cycle the fan, as soon as it stops the temps creep up and within 5 mins the tent can be 30°

You would need a short cycle timer. You'd have to play around with it, but for example...you could run the fan for a minute and then turn it off for a minute or two.

In my case, when I'm vegging and need to raise the humidity, I run a humidifier and cycle my timer controlling the fan for 5 minutes on and 20 minutes off. I can't keep a flat line humidity level this way...but I can keep it within a range.

Is you plant on the floor .I have 2 temperature readers in mine 1 at plant level and one 4 to 5 in from fan. May need to raise plants off ground.

Yeah i have been using wet towels daily and its raised to 40% . Thats a good idea i will check the RH levels in the mid range area of the tent it could well be a few % higher there. I will check out your journal also

Hey, if you're still having humidity issues, you might look into just setting up a 1-room sized humidifier in the room that your tent is in. If the whole room gets to 70% humidity, the air in your tent will be at 70%. Also, you could take the little humidifier that was suggested earlier in the thread, and place it directly in front of your intake. This, theoretically, should increase the humidity of the incoming air, and drag it across the plants. May not increase the total tent's humidity, but may help the air that moves directly across the plants. I don't know for sure if that will work, but may be worth a shot. Good luck!

Im topping out at 40% now with the towel in there. Is thag good enough? I assume the plant will create humidity the larger it gets and starts to lose water over the lead surfaces etc?

I'm not entirely sure. I would have to assume so, since that occurs in nature (forests, etc.) however, I can't actually grow right now. What I can tell you is that I've heard that, during flower, humidity at 40-50% is normally okay, I think the best value is somewhere around 60%, and above 60% you start to drastically increase your chances of mold and PM occuring, though it is better for the plants. During veg, I think the humidity is better around 60-70%, but I've definitely seen videos of awesome plants vegging in 50%, or less. I think that "topping out" at 40% probably isn't ideal, and if you could get it to hover above 40%, and top out at 50% you'd be much better. I think the advice of an experienced grower would be the best for this, but this is what I've come across in my own research of the topic. Wishing you the best!

Same problem here. Although I have a smaller LED going so temp isn't and issue. Ran light, humidifier, and fan over night and got 68F with 44% RH. Where I placed my humidifier wasn't right because a wall was getting wet. I will also have to experiment for better temp and RH.

Back
Top Bottom