Critical Heat & Humidity Issue

TripleCchronic

I currently have 2 tents. One is a veg tent 30"x18"36". The other a bloom tent 36"x20"x62". My ventilation includes a 6" Vivosun 390 CFM inline fan for exhaust and a 4" Vivosun 100 CFM intake inline fan. Each fan controls both tents intake and exhaust and pulls air and exhausts air outside. My veg tents temp is solid at 27 C which I would love to decrease but isn't to bad, and the humidity is easily increased or decreased with my Taotronic humidifier. My bloom tent is the issue. The temps can peak at 32 C and I can't get my humidity past 40% even with my Taotronic on all the time. I have a spider farmer sp 1000 in my veg tent and 2 ts 600 in my bloom tent. Iv tried turning off one of my ts 600, no effect. Iv tried turning down my exhaust fan the humidity increases and my temperature does to. Nothings working. I should also add that my veg tent has a hurricane 6" tent fan and my Bloom tent have a 6" Vivosun tent fan. My plant in the bloom tent is being obliterated.. The tops are being dried out and baked and idk how to fix this. Help!!!! Also can this plant still be saved..
thumbnail_20201109_220414.jpg
thumbnail_20201109_220424.jpg
thumbnail_20201109_220430.jpg
thumbnail_20201109_220438.jpg
thumbnail_20201109_220447.jpg
thumbnail_20201109_220457.jpg

The reason your RH increases when you slow down your exhaust fan is because you're no longer sucking the moisture out of the tent as fast as your humidifier can release it into the air. You stated that you're exhausting the tent outside, but where are you getting the source ("intake") air from - outside or from another room in the building? If the latter, stick the humidifier in that space; then you'd be pulling damp air into your tent.

Are you sure your exhaust fan is moving sufficient air through your flower tent? If you're running a cheap Chinese fan, it might not be flowing its rated capacity. If you've got restrictions in the path, it might not be flowing its rated capacity. If you've got a carbon filter in the exhaust run, it's almost certainly not flowering its rated capacity. (And if that fan type is an axial fan instead of a centrifugal (aka "squirrel cage") one, it's pretty much guaranteed not to be, with any kind of restriction, because axial fans don't work very well against restrictions/pressure.)

You stated that you're using the same fan to exhaust two spaces. How, with a "Y" connector merging the exhaust runs into one duct run, and then the exhaust fan connected to that? If so, the air is being pulled via the path of least resistance - and if that path isn't through your flowering tent, then the bulk of the air will be moving via the alternate path. Remember the phrase "path of least resistance," lol.

Other thoughts: Try increasing the aeration in your nutrient reservoir. If that was mine, I'd try increasing the reservoir's size and the aeration. Make sure your aeration devices are not heating up the nutrient solution! Aid in the plant's transpiration process by making sure there is a good breeze blowing on/through the canopy, and point that steam machine somewhere other than more or less directly up at the plant. Speaking of which, is that one of the newer types that work without heating the moisture it's releasing, or is that a source of heat in your tent, too? Remove the lights' power supplies ("drivers") from that grow space(!) - they're little electric heaters, and it appears that you do not have a need for heaters at this time.

Theres ductingruninng from each tent to a T pipe and the inline fans attached to the T. I am both exhausting and intaking from outside. I have a thin piece of foam covering the exhaust intake of the veg tent to prevent light leakage into the bloom tent so the path of least resistance in the bloom tent. My humidifiers are cool mist.

Yea I sprayed it with a dilute alcohol and soap solution for mites. Got a lil baked and forgot to wait till lights out. The mite issue wasnt even bad... lol

1st thing I noticed is you saying you can't get your RH above 40% in your Bloom tent. Well 30 - 40% is about perfect RH for Bloom. Veg .... you want 60 - 70% RH.
As I'm sure you know that plant looks pretty bad. What is your Water Temp in that DWC Bucket ? Did you use Hydro Guard or Z7 ? Looks like 1/2 your issue was High Temps.
If it were my plant I'd chop her & dry & hope some of the weed is still good. She looks to be degrading in any potency she may have left.

First I'd have to ask why two small tents -- why not just one large with a veg and then a bloom cycle -- more climate control -- .

But the plants least worries is the heat -- looks like a deficiency that weakened it and allowed the pests to gain a foothold..

I just started my grow - upped my ballast and temp shot up 10 degrees to 90 , solution - I opened a window... and my room is 6x6x7.. I've always had temp issues -- but my grows are good.. I would chalk this grow up to knowledge gained and smoke her.

MotaMan

I have 2 separate tents because I want to have a continuous harvest. I will be starting a seed every month until I have 4 plants total all in different stages. Then as one nears harvested I germinate a new seed. By the time I harvest one plant will go from the veg tent to the bloom tent and the new seed transplanted to a reservoir.

Cool -- I get it -- I just like to get the duty for the year outta the way with one packed grow that lasts me and the wife - and the whoevers out there that need for a year.. I would like to grow weed continuous but my cycle goes with the electricity rates -- cheaper going into winter. My 6x6x7 with it's 756 watts of lites gave me 21 oz 20 grams last year.

That's almost 82% of gram / watt ratio - and last years grow was jacked with problems. So I believe that this year will prove even better.. I hope.

But I am gonna try some auto's in the yard next year along with my veggie patch. Good luck with your grow --

MotaMan

Well...........1st off, can you trust that hygrometer? I would not. These are not very accurate. I have 3 different hygrometers, and they all show different readings!

2nd........what is the nute strength? My guess is it is too high an ec for the growing conditions. High temps and low humidity means the plants need to move a lot of water from roots to stomata.......or they will turn crispy. Too high an ec means that they cannot take up enough water because of the osmotic differential roots / ec solution.
Humidity........yep, 40 % is not too bad fore mid / late flowering, as already mentioned.

I would use fresh nutes at a lower ec......like 1/2 strength of what yer using now.

I would offer Silica can work wonders on environmental issues. TS is gonna love this... Dont bother with a Potassium based products, look for a monosilicic acid version. The plant looks to me to have a systemic issue like botrytis. A visual on the roots is a good call. I dont see a happy ending for this one im afraid.

Each fan controls both tents intake and exhaust and pulls air and exhausts air outside.
You should get a independent fan/blower for each tent and exhaust them separately. Also air intake fan should not be required, you just need a opening in your tent (3 - 4 times the size of exhaust fan) to let fresh air in (passive air intake) and a open window somewhere to compensate for air you are exhausting to the outside. Try to get your environment dialed in before your next grow. If I were you I would put this grow behind me.

Back
Top Bottom